Georgia State traveling to Penn State in 2017
ATLANTA, July 28, 2014 — Georgia State’s slate of non-conference powerhouses will continue for at least the next few years.
The Panthers will travel to Penn State in 2017, the school announced.
Georgia State played Alabama in 2010 and 2013, Tennessee in 2012 and West Virginia in 2013. The Panthers will travel to Washington on Sept. 20 and Clemson on Nov. 22.
Future non-conference games already on the books for Georgia State are:
- Sept. 3 vs. Charlotte at the Georgia Dome
- Sept. 12 at UAB
- Sept. 19 at Oregon
- Oct. 3 vs. Liberty at the Georgia Dome
- Sept. 10 at Air Force
- Sept. 17 at Wisconsin
- Oct. 1 vs. UAB at the Georgia Dome
- Sept. 9 at Charlotte
- Sept. 16 at Penn State
The Panthers are looking to rebound in 2014 after a disappointing 0-12 season last year, their first in the Sun Belt Conference.
Georgia State’s 2014 schedule kicks off Aug. 27, the first game of the Football Bowl Subdivision season. The highlight of the Panthers’ 2014 schedule may be Oct. 25 when the Panthers face off against Georgia Southern, marking the first time the two programs play.
The Panthers’ complete 2014 schedule:
- Aug. 27: Abilene Christian (on ESPNU)
- Sept. 6: New Mexico State (on ESPN3)
- Sept. 13: Air Force (on ESPN3)
- Sept. 20: at Washington
- Oct. 4: at UL Lafayette
- Oct. 11: Arkansas State (Homecoming)
- Oct. 18: at South Alabama
- Oct. 25: Georgia Southern
- Nov. 1: at Appalachian State
- Nov. 8: at Troy
- Nov. 22: at Clemson
- Nov. 29: Texas State