WASHINGTON, September 11, 2014 — As America observes the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, numerous questions remain. Some are not hard.
Are we safer than we were before 9/11?
Is radical Islam a threat to America?
Should America support the imposition of Sharia or Islamic law?
While almost every American would agree that we should not support Sharia or Islamic law, the Obama administration is doing just the opposite. Not only is it supporting Islamists in the Middle East, it is, by default, supporting the expansion of Sharia law.
Sharia law is the strict Islamic law that is simply barbaric. Some of the more publicized tenants of the law are:
- If a woman is raped, she is stoned to death as an adulterer.
- If someone is accused of theft, their hand is cut off.
- Muslim men are allowed to take infidel women and rape them.
- Possession of a bible is illegal and leaving Islam is a capital offense.
In short, Sharia law brings back the worst of the Seventh Century. The Obama Administration is supporting the expansion of Sharia law by trying to reward a nation that has implemented Sharia law with one of the greatest gifts America can give.
That is access to American markets and giving businesses from that nation more rights than Americans have.
The nation in question is Brunei.
A few months ago, the Sultan of Brunei announced his nation would adopt Sharia law. That is the same system that is used in such garden spots as Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen. No wonder people are just flocking to those places.
- Obama supports Brunei being included in the Trans-Pacific Partnership treaty.
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership is the ultimate free trade agreement. It will allow nations that are a part of it unprecedented access to American markets. It will give foreign nations more rights than Americans have.
- Americans will become second class citizens in America, at least in dealing with foreign competitors.
- Americans will not \allowed to sue a foreign competitor who is down the street in local courts. They will be forced to go to an international tribunal.
While the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a bad treaty to begin with, it is simply beyond belief that America would consider giving that kind of access to a nation that practices Sharia law.
At one point, America used trade policy to encourage good behavior by nations that wanted to trade with us. Now, Obama has turned this one hundred and eighty degrees around. Forget about rewarding good behavior, Obama is rewarding bad behavior.
One of the real dangers of the Trans-Pacific Partnership is that it is being negotiated in secret. Obama wants Congress to abdicate its Constitutional obligation to ratify treaties and regulate trade by allowing for what is known as “Fast Track Authority.”
With Fast Track, the President will be able to negotiate this treaty in secret, present it to the Congress and instead of requiring a 2/3 vote of the Senate to ratify, it will only take a simple majority. In addition, there will be very limited time to debate the treaty and no chance for the treaty to be amended.
Does anyone trust the Obama with this?
And why would America want to reward a nation that practices Sharia law? America has seen Sharia law at work with the recent beheading of two journalists. The Islamists who like Sharia law love to behead people. Particularly Americans.
Perhaps that should new slogan for those who want to include Brunei in the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
“Support Beheading! Support the Trans-Pacific Partnership!”