WASHINGTON, February 8, 2017 — On Tuesday, the University of Pennsylvania named former Vice President Joe Biden its Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor, where he will head the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement.
“Joe Biden is one of the greatest statesmen of our times,” said university President Amy Gutmann, no doubt smiling, “… He has demonstrated a unique capacity to bring people together across divides and to craft constructive responses to some of the toughest and most important policy challenges of our day.”
In other words, Biden will be regaling a new generation of American diplomats with the foreign policy triumphs of the Obama administration, such as:
- Identifying the Islamic State as a “JV team.”
- Selling thousands of weapons to Mexico’s deadly Sinaloa cartel, which led to the deaths of hundreds of innocent Mexican citizens and U.S Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
- Negotiating an agreement with Iran — an international exporter of terrorism — that ended economic sanctions, paid its totalitarian clerics $400 million in ransom and put it on a fast track to developing nuclear weapons.
- Joined the international community’s military wing, NATO, in toppling the regime of Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi, triggering a humanitarian crisis that along with the refugees from the Syrian civil war is giving ISIS a pathway to Europe and America.
- Crushing the aspirations of Cubans yearning to breathe free by ending America’s “wet foot, dry foot” policy for those who risk their lives sailing rickety vessels across the Straits of Florida.
- Advancing a “two-state solution” that would require the state of Israel to return to its pre-1967 borders, which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu calls indefensible “Auschwitz borders,” for the sake of Palestinians who elected the terrorist gang Hamas to represent them.
- Allowing a U.N. Security Council resolution to pass condemning Israel for building new settlements in historically Jewish territory occupied by Arab invaders.
Back in 2008, Biden told a gathering of Democratic campaign donors that if candidate Barack Obama was elected America’s 44th president, “Watch, we’re going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”
As the New York Times noted, “He [Biden] then called on the donors to be prepared to rise to Mr. Obama’s defense because he will need to make some difficult and unpopular choices in response.”
The donors and the editorial board of the New York Times did just that.
What Uncle Joe also told the donors that same day should reverberate in the skulls of parents paying exorbitant tuition for their kids to attend the University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement:
“I’ve forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know.”