WASHINGTON: General Kelly stepped up to the front line and fired Omarosa Manigault Newman. If you have ever been fired, you know that the secretly taped conversation showed a stern, but calm and fair, Kelly, speaking slowly, clearly and even kindly to the failed reality show participant. Omarosa, whose only claim to fame is that she is equally hated by a vast majority of people, is known as being caustic, to be nice.
Downright obnoxious and meant not to be.
In the release of her tell-all on the White House book, Newman is being told by persons, including April Ryan, the White House correspondent for American Urban Radio and a CNN contributor and pollster Frank Lutz, to lose their names. To stop lying about them.
What they allegedly said, did, felt or whatever, according to Newman.
Who is April Ryan and why does she matter?
If you watch the daily White House briefings, Ryan is the woman sitting in the fourth or fifth row who asks ridiculous questions of Press Secretary Sarah Sanders. She is probably disliked less than Newman, but more than Playboy’s White House correspondent Brian Karem. CNN’s Jim Acosta may be less liked than all others.
But this is about Newman and Ryan and her questions like:
“Sarah, is slavery wrong? Sarah, is slavery wrong? Does this administration think that slavery was wrong? Sarah, does this administration believe slavery was wrong?”
Then there was “Piegate” when Ryan claimed the Press Secretary’s pecan chocolate pie was a sham:
Show it to us on a table. https://t.co/ifeSBlSZW7
— AprilDRyan (@AprilDRyan) November 24, 2017
Or, claiming that President Trump is racist by tweeting:
A question: So what does “we built this country” mean in front of a predominantly white crowd?
— AprilDRyan (@AprilDRyan) February 22, 2017
Then there is Ryan berating the Press Secretary over the NFL and flag protests. Not allowing her colleagues a chance to ask a question:
It is actually a hard guess as to which woman, April Ryan or Omarosa Manigault Newman, was the least appreciated by the West Wing.
They were once friends. But now Ryan calls Newman “evil” and a “liar” claiming the staffer attempted to discredit her and derail her career with Ryan saying on CNN’s Reliable Sources about Newman:
“She’s not a friend; she’s a liar and I would say she’s evil,” Ryan said, to which host Stelter said “I hope she can respond to that at some point soon, calling her ‘evil,’.” “She will. I’m sure she will,” Ryan says
President Trump, who once rewarded Newman for her loyalty, responded to reports that she recorded conversations with him calling Newman a “lowlife”. The president followed up his comments on Monday via tweet, saying “Wacky Omarosa” was “vicious, but not smart” and “People in the White House hated her.”
Omarosa Manigault Newman: White House lies and misdemeanors
White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s husband, George Conway, a Democrat, also said that claims Trump made racial comments about him were untrue. Pollster Frank Luntz also said Newman’s claims he heard Trump make racial slurs were “flat-out false.”
I’m in @Omarosa’s book on page 149. She claims to have heard from someone who heard from me that I heard Trump use the N-word.
Not only is this flat-out false (I’ve never heard such a thing), but Omarosa didn’t even make an effort to call or email me to verify. Very shoddy work.
— Frank Luntz (@FrankLuntz) August 10, 2018
April Ryan disputes Newman’s claims on CNN:
What you might not know about Omarosa Manigault Newman:
What did Newman do at the White House? Not sure. Even a reporter who spent a morning trailing after her, just prior to her wedding, could not tell you. (No One Knows What Omarosa Is Doing in the White House—Even Omarosa by ELAINA PLOTT – November 2017)
What we do know is that Newman has led a complicated, drama-filled life ready for reality television:
- Calling herself only Omaroso means she was being mononymous
- Both her father, Jack Thomas Manigault Sr. (1981) and brother Jack Thomas Manigault Jr. (2011) were murdered
- She and actor Michael Clarke Duncan were engaged. Duncan died following a heart attack
- She was a Democrat until 2015
- Her older sister passed in 2016
- Newman is an ordained Baptist minister
- She was a political appointee in the Clinton administration
- She held four different government jobs. First for V.P. Gore as an invitation correspondent before being transferred to the personnel office and then holding two different, but unnamed positions, with the Department of Commerce.
- Newman graduated from The Rayen School in Youngstown, Ohio
- She earned a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism in 1996 from Central State University, Wilberforce, Oh.
- Newman attended Howard University, where she earned a master’s degree.
- Omarosa spent time in biblical studies at the United Theological Seminary in Ohio for a Doctor of Ministry degree.
- She received a minister’s license in February 2011 from Weller Street Missionary Baptist Church in Los Angeles, California.
- In 2013, TV Guide included her on its list of The 60 Nastiest TV Villains of All Time.
- As a senior White House staffer under Trump, Newman was taking home nearly $180,000
- Newman was named the White House’s assistant to the president and director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison
- She married Pastor John Allen Newman on April 8, 2017. He is her second husband, following her 2000 marriage Aaron Stallworth
- In her White House financial disclosures detailing personal finances, Omarosa “received a wedding package which included a wedding dress, custom veil, and accessories with an estimated value of $25,000 in exchange for an appearance on TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress.”