Nobody questions Obama’s Award for Ethics in Government
WASHINGTON, DC: There is much ado about Barack’s Obama speech at the University of Illinois this past Friday. Obama was in town to accept the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government. An award he does not deserve any more than he deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.
In his speech, the leader of the Washington Deep State Swamp offered more insults to the hardworking farmers and residents of this mid-western town with his glib opening remarks. Remarks that discredited the farmers of Illinois, farmers who had been regularly assaulted by Obama’s EPA for 8 years:
Beans. I was trying to explain to somebody as we were flying in, that’s corn. That’s beans.
And they were very impressed at my agricultural knowledge.
Because, you know, Washington elite thinks that corn and beans come from corn and bean factories, or fairies, or something. Obama would consider you to be a rube, or in touch with rubes, to know the old adage “knee high by the fourth of July” which refers to a farmer’s corn growth progress.
Democrats and their leaders continue to be tone deaf, insulting, and boring.
But what is really amazing about the whole event is that the former president is in Illinois being honored with the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government.
The former president receiving an Ethics in Government award is laughable when we consider:
President Obama’s Administration: Abuse of Power and Troubled Ethics
- Operation Fast And Furious
- Seizing over 13 million acres of land using the 1906 Antiquities Act
- Affordable Care Act leaving millions of previously insured underinsured or unable to afford any insurance
- Unconstitutionally appointment of three members to the National Labor Relations Board unanimously ruled unconstitutional.
Knowing and approving of Secretary of State Clinton’s private email server, and then lying about that knowledge.
- Obama presided over the biggest data breach in the federal government’s history, at the Office of Personnel
- In committing U.S. troops to Libya without Congressional approval, Obama violated the War Powers Resolution, a law he previously proclaimed to be Constitutionally valid.
- Giving $535 million of taxpayer money to failed solar energy boondoggle Solyndra
- Lois Lerner and the IRS, politically profiling and targeting conservative groups and denying them 5013C Tax Exempt Status.
- In 2009 the Obama administration in 2009 bullied Chrysler’s secured creditors—who were entitled to “absolute priority”—into accepting 30 cents on the dollar. This while junior creditors such as labor unions received much more. This subversion of creditor rights violates not just bankruptcy law, but also the Constitution’s Takings and Due Process Clauses.
Allowing the Benghazi terrorist attack to continue, not sending in help to save Ambassador Chris Stevens, Tyrone Powers, … to die. Then lying to the American people and families that the attack was due to an anti-Islam video, jailing the producer.
- EPA Scandals are many however, the EPA leaked personal information on roughly 80,000 livestock and produce farmers to environmental activists via FOIA requests.
DOJ seizing phone records of Fox News, Associated Press reporters
- HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebilius soliciting donations for Obamacare.
- Punishing Army Master Sergeant Nathan summers for serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at a Defense of Marriage Party celebrating his promotion.
NSA and FBI tapping into online data from the servers of nine U.S. internet companies in a clandestine data mining program called PRISM. Agencies have been looking at video logs, photographs, documents, e-mail of private citizens
- Hacking and exposing the personnel files of millions of federal employees.
Assault On Free Speech and Due Process On College Campuses
- Allowing Veterans Department administration of hospitals to continue excessive wait times for appointments, Leading to the deaths of dozens of veterans.
- Encouraging the Deep State Cabal and Hillary Clinton in the development of the patently false Russia Dossier including using false information to spy on and wiretap candidate Trump’s campaign staff.
Trading arms and $130-$150 Billion for hostages in Iran
- Obama, trying to help the Democrats in the 2018 midterms, attacking President Donald Trump.
Blaming Republicans and the Republican Party for Division
Speaking at the University of Illinois where he accepted the ethics award, Obama says:
“But over the past few decades, the politics of division and resentment and paranoia has unfortunately found a home in the Republican party,”
Obama then attacked Republican members of Congress, accusing them of embracing “wild conspiracy theories like those surrounding Benghazi.”
Following Obama’s remarks, Kris Paronto, a former Army Ranger who was a private security contractor working for the CIA at the CIA annex in Benghazi, slammed Obama. Paronto, who is credited with saving approximately 20 people during the attack, wrote on Twitter:
While much is alleged about President Trump, after more than two years and millions of dollars and wasted, about his collusion with Russia, Mueller has nothing to reveal. President Trump is not going to walk into a perjury trap, their last best hope. And Trump was right about all of it. Being spied on. The Deep State Cabal working against Trump in their lame attempts to keep him from exposing their criminal behaviors. And Obama gets an award for ethics?
In the meantime when it comes to Democrat caterwauling, I, like President Trump will just start taking a nap. The only thing more annoying than a speech by Barack Obama is trying to listen to it without retching at the hypocrisy.