WASHINGTON, Sept. 5, 2015 — Republican candidates have hit the official campaign trail, and with the exception of a quiet and unassuming Ben Carson, none of them seems to be getting much traction against Donald Trump — especially the heir apparent, Jeb Bush.
All are doing their best to contrast their positions with Trump’s, and they are failing miserably. What they should be doing is what Tiger Woods used to do so well, is this: focus on themselves and not what the competition is doing.
It was the playing field itself that Tiger went after. His goal was to conquer the golf course, not the golfers, and so he conquered both.
Republican candidates should focus on what they have to offer and do it in a way that conveys leadership, courage and conviction. Only when they master that will Trump become a blip in their rear view mirrors. Then they can concern themselves with facing off with Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden or whomever the Democrats nominate.
Slick campaign ads, clever marketing strategies and empty promises are no longer enough to win the support of the American people. As Trump’s rise to political prominence shows, Americans are tired of politics as usual.
Advisors to the candidates should be conservatives, for only conservatives can represent and express what other conservatives want in their candidates.
Easy things a candidate can do — for free — via social media include asking followers for and then sharing:
- Images of buildings with “going out of business” and “out of business” signs posted outside of them;
- Photos of long food lines;
- Pictures of homes in their communities with “foreclosure” signs;
- Statistics on the lousy job market and the high number of citizens collecting food stamps and government assistance;
- Testimony as to why they cannot get full benefits from their jobs because of Obamacare and how it is keeping people from working more than 30 hours;
- Pictures of illegals overwhelming neighborhoods and social services;
- Data on the crimes these intruders leave behind in their wake;
- Pictures of people getting patted down at the airports and travelers being kept away from state parks because there doesn’t seem to be enough money to maintain them;
- Images and stories of how high black unemployment is under this president.
Then all of this information gathered together broadcast via ad campaigns under the headline “The Results of Failed Democrat Policies” or “Liberalism Run Amok” all over it.
Americans this year are responding to plain truth. It does not require candidates to outdo the Donald, but it does require them to motivate their base to move toward where the voters are.
Like many, I would prefer a conservative, a true conservative to win the GOP nomination. Just keep it real and show some passion. There’s a lot to be gained by doing so. And any candidate can upstage Trump.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.