WASHINGTON: Jared Kushner, White House senior adviser, denounced Democratic lawmakers over their impeachment of President Trump, saying that the president’s “record of accomplishments is unimpeachable.”
“They’ve been trying to impeach the president for the last three years and they’ve been unsuccessful at that,” Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, told Israel’s Channel 13 News in an interview published by Axios. “The best thing going for the president is he hasn’t done anything wrong. And at this point, they’ve investigated him over and over and over again and I think the American people are sick and tired of it.”
“The president’s record of accomplishments is unimpeachable,” he added. “And he’s going to continue to do the things the American people care about.”
The problem Democrats have is President Trump does not owe anyone anything. Not a political action committee, lobbyist or foreign government. Or the Deep State.
And despite those who feel every dime of profit from the Trump family business is somehow proof of the President profiting from his Presidency, he has not. He donates his paycheck ever quarter. Jared and Ivanka Kushner do not take a paycheck. He has lost far more than he could possibly earn serving as President of the United States.
Not like Hillary and Bill Clinton profited from gifts from foreign governments.
The Washington Post article reports that from between $1 and $5 million from Qatar, a known human rights abuser was donated to the Clinton Foundation. They also report the $500k from Algeria to assist Haiti, though it seems little of that money made it to the beleaguered country.
The Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund, according to OPXFAM, and as reported by Current Affairs has been a disaster.
A year after the earthquake, a stinging report from Oxfam says Clinton’s IHRC was a “quagmire of indecision and delay” that had made little progress toward successful earthquake recovery.
Oxfam found that:
…less than half of the reconstruction aid promised by international donors has been disbursed. And while some of that money has been put toward temporary housing, almost none of the funds have been used for rubble removal.
Instead, the Clinton Foundation, IHRC, and State Department created what a Wall Street Journal writer called “a mishmash of low quality, poorly thought-out development experiments and half-finished projects.”
Haitian IHRC members lamented that the commission had produced “a disparate bunch of approved projects. . . [that] do not address as a whole either the emergency situation or the recovery, let alone the development, of Haiti.”
A 2013 investigation by the Government Accountability Office found that most money for the recovery was not being dispersed and that the projects that were being worked on were plagued by delays and cost overruns.
Many Clinton projects were extravagant public relations affairs that quickly fizzled. For example, The Washington Post reported that:
…[a] 2011 housing expo that cost more than $2 million, including $500,000 from the Clinton Foundation, was supposed to be a model for thousands of new units but instead has resulted in little more than a few dozen abandoned model homes occupied by squatters.
It just depends on how you look at it
In his first seventeen or so months as a resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Trump has had some remarkable achievements including (from WhiteHouse.gov):
- Almost 4 million jobs created since the election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
- Median household income at the highest level ever recorded.
African-American unemployment at the lowest rate ever recorded.
Hispanic-American unemployment at the lowest rate ever recorded.
Asian-American unemployment recently at the lowest rate ever recorded.
Women’s unemployment at the lowest rate in 65 years.
Youth unemployment at the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
Veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
- Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps.
- The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans.
- Support for vocational training.
- Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history.
- Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
- Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
- The record number of regulations eliminated.
- Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty gone.
- My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
- Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history.
- Many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
- We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
Secured $6 billion in new funding to fight the opioid epidemic – reducing high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached an all-time high.
- The United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
- Canceled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
- Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
- NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
- The process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
- Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
- Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by the Supreme Court.
- Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
- Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. Negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
- Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
- Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
- Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and chronically abusive trade practices.
- Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
- Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
- We are building the wall.
All those achievements and our news cycle are all about the Impeachment of the President. Which is total lunacy for many reasons. As stated