WASHINGTON: In Oliver Twist, 1838. When Mr. Bumble, the unhappy spouse of a domineering wife, is told in court that “…the law supposes that your wife acts under your direction”, Mr. Bumble replies: “If the law supposes that,” says Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, “the law is an ass – an idiot”.
Is the law for those who are under it? Or is it for those who are in control of it? Shouldn’t the two be as one?
The government seems to recognize no law beyond itself because it is a government without constitutional structure. The Constitution is to the government an archaic blathering of inconvenience, or convenience depending on who in government has the greatest political sway.
- Hillary Clinton allegedly commits espionage and runs for president. She has been charged with nothing.
- Lois Lerner spies on taxpayers then she is allowed to “withdraw” testimony from Congress and is given a pension. She has been charged with nothing.
- James Comey lies and misrepresents facts before Congress and stands uncharged while selling books on the subject.
- James Clapper lies, and is rewarded with a position at CNN.
- James Brennan, communist (for the record) lies, slanders, and libels the president.
Each of these politicos share the fact that despite their widely recognized illegal actions, they have not been charged.
Edward Gallagher and Matthew Golsteyn have been accused of crimes under military law.
- Edward “Eddie” Gallagher, a 19-year veteran and Navy Seal is charged with the murder of an ISIS fighter who was under medical care.
- Major Mathew “Matt” Golsteyn, a former member of the Army 3rd Special forces is charged with the murder of a known enemy fighter and bomb maker.
They both claim that their actions, taken in the theater of war, were under orders. As any member or veteran well knows all “lawful orders” are to be obeyed and not simply all orders. Any member or veteran also knows that at the time an order is issued, there is no quick interrogative response: “Is that a lawful order, Sir?”
The response is “Yes Sir.”
Figuring out later whether or not the order is legal may come down to a court-martial. Unfortunately it is the enlisted man, the lowest man in the chain of command, who gets the court-appointed-attorney, as a rule.
Is either Gallagher or Golsteyn guilty?
Gallagher and Golsteyn are charged with the most heinous of crimes conducted during illegal wars. Now they are being charged with crimes that happened in the process of following issued orders. If those orders were illegally issued, then is the service member trained to obey without question guilty? Or are those who violated the law by issuing the orders?
America’s illegal wars are facts, and those supporting them from above are acting unlawfully in issuing orders. Shouldn’t they be as responsible for their participation in issuing those orders as the ones being prosecuted for carrying them out?
In the meantime, these Washington liars throw themselves, along with their media allies, against any effort at lawful enforcement of immigration into the United States.
The government usually contradicts fact for convenience.
The law is indeed an ass.
The law is now no more than gamesmanship
The law has become a game for those who have learned from gamesmanship, not the art of the deal but the art of the underhanded deal.
The law as people seems to understand it has taken root in a federal government that does not exist. There is no federation.
There are three branches belonging to the same tree. There does not exist a so-called co-equal status among the three. The so-called federation is only a confederation of political parties and political judges. The law will reward or punish those whom the parties deem worthy or unworthy.
God’s law is for everyone. U.S. law is not. So, the answer to the premise is yes, in heaven. No, in hell, er Washington.