WASHINGTON, April 8, 2016 – When former president Bill Clinton appeared at a campaign event in The City of Brotherly Love, aka Philadelphia, he probably did not expect to be hammered by “Black Lives Matter” (BLM).
However, Clinton – a master politician who was in the city for his wife Hillary’s pursuit of the Democratic presidential nomination, turned the tables on the BLM protesters calling them out.
That evening, the first so-called “Black President” as many in the African-American community had labeled him, was confronted by angry BLM protesters in the audience. The protesters screamed out denunciations concerning his signing into law a bill that increased prison sentences for gang-related offenses.
For the angry BLM protesters, Clinton’s signature on the law was unpardonable because tens of thousands of the incarcerated were blacks. Yet for the black community, the tens of thousands of crimes committed by these predators on other blacks, including countless murders, meant nothing.
Clinton held firm and harkened back to his years as president as he shamed the protesters. He stressed that the crime bill helped prevent gangs from continuing to kill African-American children. He stated, “I talked to a lot of African-American groups. They thought black lives mattered. They said take this bill because our kids are being shot in the street by gangs. We had 13-year-old kids planning their own funerals.”
Trademark Clinton, with lips curled, angrily pointed his finger at the protesters to “Tell the truth!”
The truth matters, even if the BLM protesters would rather make a scene at a campaign event than make a difference in the lives of black families who deal with death at the hands of black hoodlums each and every day.
These protesters do not hold the hands of mothers who have lost children to black violence. These protesters are not there to wipe away the tears of a child who will never see a sibling or parent who was killed by black drug dealers. That is a truth too real for these protest pretenders.
The facts mean nothing except to the victims and to former President Clinton.
Facts have a funny way of coming to the surface, and for many of the black and white supporters who were in the campaign audience, truth about real anguish and pain should matter, but it doesn’t because they are ready to scream but not ready to be the difference.
In fact, Clinton was making an honest attempt to touch some part in their conscience that had an inkling of morality, that was willing to hear the truth and feel the anguish hundreds of thousands of black victims feel each year.
He deserved praise for standing firm and not giving in to the fiction. That counts in each and every family in urban communities who fear the darkness ruled by black-on-black crime predators.
Stark truth and facts are never part of the BLM movement. To acknowledge the truth would mean that they would have to turn their protests in the streets, at campaign venues, fast food restaurants and in malls to actually standing up for the black lives that are at risk daily in urban neighborhoods.
“Black Lives Matter,” do what President Clinton stressed that you do: “Tell the Truth”:
- Blacks killed other blacks in Chicago at a higher rate than both America’s Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan(2001-2015: 3,506) and Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003-2015: 4,815). Chicago’s murder toll between 2001–November, 26 2015 was an alarming 7,401. Yet not a peep out of “Black Lives Matter.”
- Based upon FBI data, in 2010 and 2011 4,906 blacks died at the hands of other blacks. What, no protest?
- In those same two years, according to the Tuskegee Institute, 1,406 more black Americans were victims of black-on-black murders than were lynched from 1982 to 1968. Yet liberals raised no alarm bells.
- As President Clinton said, tell the truth, BLM. You would rather protest a gross illusion than protect the innocent because that would mean that you care. Facts matter and FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports and Centers for Disease Control statistics demonstrate that 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson.
The harsh truth about the facts is that Clinton was correct and BLM would rather believe the lie.
If Black Lives Matter really want their slogan to be more than an empty protest battle cry, then start marching to stop mothers from seeing their babies murdered in their neighborhoods. Start marching and advocating against drug dealers who murder innocents whether they are senior citizen, teens on playgrounds or kids sitting on their porches.
Do what Clinton pleaded with the BLM protesters in Philadelphia to do. Tell the truth and make a difference by being the difference. Black Lives Matter, your continued silence is betrayal.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.