MISSOURI, May 12, 2017 — In the wake of Barack Obama’s presidency, it would be both informative and entertaining to reflect on his list of historical firsts. Obama was the first president to:
- negotiate with terrorists for a deserter and traitor;
- apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner;
- have a social security number from a state he had never lived in;
- preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States;
- violate the War Powers Act;
- be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico;
- require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party;
- spend a trillion dollars on “shovel-ready” jobs when there was no such thing as “shovel-ready” jobs;
- abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters;
- by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat;
- order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions;
- demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees;
- tell the CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign;
- terminate America’s ability to put a man in space;
- cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation;
- have a bill signed by an auto-pen without being present;
- declare an existing law unconstitutional without a court’s opinion and refuse to enforce it;
- threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases;
- tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory;
- file lawsuits against states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN);
- withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago;
- actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal);
- fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case;
- appoint 45 czars to replace officials subject to confirmation in his office;
- surround himself with radical left wing anarchists;
- golf more than 150 separate times in his first five years in office;
- hide his birth, medical, educational and travel records;
- win a Nobel Peace Prize despite doing nothing to earn it;
- go on multiple “global apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours;
- go on over 17 lavish vacations, in addition to holding date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayers;
- have personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife;
- keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense;
- fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at least once a week at taxpayer expense;
- repeat the Holy Quran and tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth;
- side with a foreign nation over one of an American state (Mexico vs Arizona);
- tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences;
- tell the members of the military that they were unpatriotic for balking at the last suggestion. (He didn’t get away with that one).
Obama is now making his post-presidency speeches and a lot of money. He is staying in Washington to allow his daughter Sasha to finish her school, but also to set up a shadow government to protect his threatened legacy and sabotage the new administration and its popular “America First” agenda.
Working through a network of leftist nonprofits led by a PAC (Organizing for Action) is against the norm. When a politician leaves office, his PACs usually close shop. But not Obama’s. His is gearing up for battle with a growing war chest and more than 250 offices across the country.
Since Donald Trump’s election, this little-known but well-funded protest organization has beefed up staff and ramped up recruitment of young liberal activists, declaring on its website, “We’re not backing down.”
Determined to salvage Obama’s legacy, “it’s drawing battle lines on immigration, Obamacare, race relations and climate change. Obama is intimately involved in OFA operations and even tweets from the group’s account. He gave marching orders to OFA foot soldiers following Trump’s upset victory.
We now have an administration that has accomplished more in its first hundred days than Obama did in eight years. Trump is a man of his word, rejecting red lines in favor of action. He’s let the world know he means business by firing on a Syrian air base and moving ships to the area of North Korea. He’s also gotten countries like China and Japan to support our strategies toward North Korea.
So, let’s pray for the success of our current administration and have congress act as grown-ups instead of trying to get the attention. However, that’s a place and time I am from.
Copyright 2017 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.