Was there a second suspect in Oklahoma City bombing

Oklahoma City bombing

OKLAHOMA, July 28, 2014 — What started as an attempt to discover the truth behind a brother’s jail cell death is heading into court today in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the FBI that could solve part of the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.

Jesse Trentadue’s brother, Kenneth, was flown to Oklahoma several months after the fatal bombing where he later died in a federal holding cell, labeled a suicide.

Trentadue believes his brother was taken to Oklahoma because there was a second man working with Timothy McVeigh who bore a resemblance to his brother. This second subject’s image was sent out in a police sketch based on eye witness descriptions.

John Doe No. 2 was listed as being the same height, weight and complexion as Kenneth Trentadue. The second suspect was never caught or identified.

The FBI now claims that Timothy McVeigh acted alone.

Requests have been made to the FBI to release a video recording from security cameras that Trentadue believes shows a second person exiting a truck along with McVeigh after the vehicle was parked in front of Oklahoma City federal building.

U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups ordered the FBI to explain why the agency cannot find the videos that are mentioned in evidence logs.

Jesse Trentadue believes the video tape exists based on a Secret Service document describing a security video that shows two suspects exiting the truck.

In 2004, a Secret Service agent verified that the document does exist but the government does not know of any videotape.

Trentadue is hoping to be allowed to search for the recording himself if he wins the case in part based on the FBI’s claim that it would be an unreasonable burden to have a staff member search for the video.

This case started just four months after the bombing when Kenneth Trentadue, a construction worker and bank robber, was picked up on parole violations and brought to Oklahoma.

Despite his jail cell death being classified as a suicide, his body had 41 wounds and bruises on it. Jesse Trentadue believes that his brother died during an interrogation over the bombing for information that Kenneth did not know.

The Trentadue family was awarded $1.1 million in 2008 in damages and severe emotional distress by a federal judge for the government’s handling of the death. The payment was later reduced to $900,000 on appeal.

The case started as a personal investigation driven by the love of a brother but the case has resurfaced unanswered questions from others who never knew Kenneth Trentadue.

It sounds like a wild goose chase to some, but others think that if there is any chance that a second person was responsible for the deaths of 168 people and has been walking free for 21 years, nothing should be overlooked.


The Associated Press contributed to this article

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Communities Digital News

• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.

This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.