WASHINGTON, June 30, 2014 – The missing boys are found and their families can begin the process of mourning their passing. Three schoolmates, went missing on June 12th, and now they have been found.
Official reports are that “They know it’s the three, they will know for sure after they do the autopsy. It appears that they boys were shot to death, likely “very close to the kidnap” time, and that the prime suspects had still not been caught.
The West Bank will be tense tonight.
Hamas, a Palestinian militant group has been accused by Israel of taking the boys, however they have denied the kidnapping, however recently Israel’s government has identified at least two of the kidnappers as members of Hamas.
However, following the kidnapping Hamas ‘celebrated’ the kidnapping, handing out candy to Palestinian children. Retribution from Israel is expected to be swift. The Israel air force has been active, and targeting Hamas targets for the last 48 hours. One man was killed, three wounded, in an Israeli airstrike on the Gaza strip.
The Israeli army reported the Iron Dome missile defense system has worked successfully, intercepting two rockets that triggered sirens in the Sha’ar Hanegev area around 8:00pm local time on Sunday.
Israel says the strike, which stuck a terrorist cell that was planning on launching a rocket toward Israel, was in response to rockets launched from Gaza toward Israel on Sunday. The Israeli Israel is blaming Hama for the rocket fire. Israel, the U.S., the EU, Canada, Japan, Jordan and Egypt have designated Hamas as a terrorist organization.
The organization’s charter seeks the destruction of Israel, and of Jews everywhere in the world. Israeli forces have been looking for the boys, conducting raids in the West Bank in their searching, arresting more than 400 Palestinians, the majority Hamas members.
Gilad Shaar, 16, Eyal Yifrach, 19 and Naftali Fraenkel, 16 years-old, were captured as they were walking home from school.
Fraenkel has a dual US – Israel citizenship, with family residing in Brooklyn, NY. Fraenkel’s grandparents had moved to Israel in 1956. The boys were abducted from the Alon Shvut Junction, Hebron and their bodies found in an area known as Halhul, an area known as being a “hotbed” for terrorism that has been becoming more and more hostile as time progresses.
An emergency Israeli cabinet meeting has been called for this afternoon at 2:30p.m. EDT. The White House has not issued a statement at this writing (2:09pm EDT)
Update: Israel has said they will “avenge their blood” upon finding the boys. Hamas is warning Israel that any retaliatory action, war waged on the Gaza Strip, would “open the gates of Hell” on Israel. Hamas spokesperson Sami Abu Zuhri saying that Israel bears the responsibility of recent warring in the Gaza Strip.
“Netanyahu should know that his threats don’t scare Hamas,” Abu Zuhri said. “If he wages war on the Gaza Strip, the gates of hell will be opened.”
The boys were found after a “tip” to look in the field, that had been previously searched.