BUFFALO, NY — On this week’s 4-minute Friday, We look at how automotive trends come and go. Some we love and others we can definitely do with out. Technology is advancing at a pace that can be hard to keep up with. Tons of safety features, cool technology, brilliant car designs, making driving easier, more comfortable and amazing audio systems can be great but others have just got to go. I’ll be curious to get your feed back on these.
Trends that need to go:
1. Fake hood vents – they look cool but are absolutely useless, it’s completely unnecessary and a bit tacky.
2. Joystick shifters – some of these new shifters are supposed to make things easier but they do not, customers want buttons or the standard PRNDL. Please no more shift on the columns, just keep it simple.
3. Fake Head – Up Display – PLEASE stop with the after thought of a piece of plastic for a head up display – just don’t have one. Do it right or not at all. And is it HEADS UP or HEAD UP??
4. No- Touch Screen Interface – in today’s tablet and phone world, using a diet or joy stick and no touch screen is frustration to most people. Let’s make it intuitive so drivers can use the features.
5. Auto / Start Stop systems – the first thing I do when we test drive cars is shut the damn button off. Some vehicles don’t have the ability to shut it off. This is a horrible feature that is all about fuel economy.
6. Too much grills – some manufacturers have gone crazy with the biggest grills and largest logos – Okay, I get it – I see your brand and its in your face.
7. No grills – okay EVs don’t need a front grill, but some look like Harry Potters Dementors.
8. Fake exhaust tips – seriously who are you impressing – make it real or don’t taste the money.
As technology evolves lets make sure to give manufacturers feedback, get rid of the dumb features and lets us drive and NOT be driven! Who like the joy of driving? Raise your hand? That’s a wrap for this week’s 4-minute Friday.
Be sure to catch all of Lauren’s content on her YouTube Channel!