SEATTLE, March 24, 2015—For those of us who love them, there’s something comforting about a delicious meatball. So many people seem to buy those pre-made ones in the freezer section at the grocery store but can’t remember the last time they had a homemade one. These easy-to-prepare meatballs are great to eat on their own or placed in with some pasta as well.
- 1 pound of ground beef or 1/2 pound of ground lamb and 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1 handful of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a stainless bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined. Shape into 3.2 ounce meat balls.
Place meatballs on a sheetpan or a skillet and cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Marinara sauce ingredients:
- 1 15oz. can of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 6oz. can of organic tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
Coat the bottom of a saucepan with olive oil and sweat the garlic, red pepper flake and oregano on a medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
To serve, shred fresh parmigiano reggiano cheese, drizzle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley.