SEATTLE, March 24, 2015—For those of us who love them, there’s something comforting about a delicious meatball. So many people seem to buy those pre-made ones in the freezer section at the grocery store but can’t remember the last time they had a homemade one. These easy-to-prepare meatballs are great to eat on their own or placed in with some pasta as well.
- 1 pound of ground beef or 1/2 pound of ground lamb and 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1 handful of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a stainless bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined. Shape into 3.2 ounce meat balls.
Place meatballs on a sheetpan or a skillet and cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Marinara sauce ingredients:
- 1 15oz. can of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 6oz. can of organic tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
Coat the bottom of a saucepan with olive oil and sweat the garlic, red pepper flake and oregano on a medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
To serve, shred fresh parmigiano reggiano cheese, drizzle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.