WASHINGTON, August 4, 2017 – Just in time for Labor Day, Head Pastry Chef Ellen de Jager-Smith at Michelin Starred Bohemia has shared her recipe for her delicious, healthy, gluten-free chocolate cake – which includes no cream, butter or sugar!
Ingredients (To make 10 cupcakes or 1 small cake)
- 1 Tbs Ground almonds
- 3 Tbs Cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Gluten free baking powder
- 3 Eggs
- 9 Tbs Maple syrup
- 13 Tbs Almond milk
- 13 Tbs Pitted dates
- 1 tsp Grated courgette
- 13 Tbs Olive oil
- 10 tbs Dark Chocolate
- Sieve all of the dry ingredients together
- Whisk the eggs and add the maple syrup
- Blend the almond milk, dates, grated courgettes and olive oil together
- Melt the dark chocolate
- Add the dry ingredients to egg mixture to create a smooth batter
- Fold the almond milk mixture carefully into the batter and pour in the dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Pour the mixture into a lined tin
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes for cupcakes and 40 to 50 minutes for a cake
Ingredients – Chocolate, avocado and date icing
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Cup Dates
- 1 Cup Cocoa powder
- 4 Tbs Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Almond milk
- A pinch of salt
- 400g (A little more than 1-1/2 cups) Melted dark chocolate
- Blend everything (except the dark chocolate) in a food processor
- Add the dark chocolate carefully whilst blending
- Decorate as you please
Bohemia was the only restaurant in the Channel Islands to be listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Restaurants. The 4AA Rosette restaurant also received the highest score in the Channel Islands in the Good Food Guide with a glowing score of 7 and was listed as the best restaurant in Jersey in the guide’s ‘Top 50 Restaurants in the UK’.
Bohemia Bar & Restaurant, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE2 4UH, Channel Islands
Copyright 2017 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.