FORT WORTH, Texas. March 26, 2016 — The alarm goes off and you jump out of bed, shower and dress for another day at the office. By 9 a.m. you are in your cubicle, checking emails and voicemail for the tasks you are assigned to complete today. At 10:30 you step out for a quick cup of coffee, only to return to your desk by 10:45.
Noon arrives and you either grab your lunch from the break room or head out with co-workers for lunch at a local restaurant.
One o’clock and you sit down back in your cubicle and repeat the routine. Five o’clock cannot arrive fast enough for you as you jump up from your desk, grab your things and are out in the parking lot by 5:02 p.m.
Head home, maybe pick up kids, perhaps take them to a soccer game or run an errand before arriving at your house and fixing dinner for the family. After dinner, it’s bath time for the kids, clean up the house, watch some TV and hit the hay around 11 p.m., wishing and praying that the weekend would arrive so you don’t have to wake up to the 6 a.m. alarm.
As the shampoo bottle says, lather, rinse and repeat. Two-hundred and fifty days a year, times 40 years, means you will put 10,000 days or 80,000 hours, into building someone else’s dream.
Why do people do this? Because they are inherently lazy and need others to tell them what to do and how and when to do it. People don’t normally think for themselves. That is why less than 5 percent of the population is financially secure and emotionally happy and fulfilled. The remaining 95 percent is focused on just getting through the day, making ends meet and using their tax refunds for a yearly vacation.
- What if you decided to take personal responsibility and change the direction of your life?
- What if instead of building someone else’s dream, you devoted time each day to creating the foundation of your dream?
- What if by focusing on the activities that make your heart skip a beat, you get so excited that you’re wide awake and ready to jump out of bed an hour before the alarm goes off?
- What if by following your passion, you find extra money coming into your bank account and your mood is upbeat and positive on daily basis?
Life is what you make of it. It is not necessary to give up a job or become an entrepreneur building your own business to live a joy-filled life. You can be happy while working a traditional job and receiving a weekly paycheck.
There’s nothing wrong with having a job. In fact, it is quite necessary for people to be employed as this makes the world go round.
What you don’t need to do is stay in a job that makes you miserable or that you dislike so much that it makes you feel ill just getting in the car each morning. Stop being lazy. Go for what excites you. Be an entrepreneur if it speaks to your heart. If not, go for a job that challenges you, one that makes you feel accomplished at the end of each day.
By being responsible for your own life, you get to change the direction of your path. You deserve to be in a place that makes you feel good, one that makes you feel as if you are giving back, paying it forward and overall being a benefit to others in this world. We all deserve to live a life we are obsessed with. Now go out and create yours!
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.