WASHINGTON, May 10, 2017- On the eve of Earth Day, Green Festival’s Expo, America’s largest and longest-running sustainability and green living event, announced that it will launch the first-ever Activism and Advocacy Pavilion at the D.C. Walter E. Washington Convention Center May 13-14.
Marking its thirteenth year in Washington D.C., the Green Festival Expo has become an annual celebration of green business, sustainable living, and activism in the local, sustainable community, serving as the city’s most prominent event for green brands and environmentally-friendly lifestyles.
Green Festival Adds Activism and Advocacy Pavilion
“We are thrilled to be kicking off 2017 in the nation’s capital with a pavilion specifically geared toward rallying local activists and supporters around pressing issues from water safety and air pollution to food resources, animal rights, and climate change,” said Dr. Corinna Basler, president of Green Festivals, Inc. “Green Festival will have an activism and advocacy pavilion at every show as a way to empower passionate individuals and to support the momentum and demand for grassroots activism around environmental issues,” she added.
The D.C. Green Festival Expo will take place during Mother’s Day weekend and there will be half off tickets for mothers and special programming as well as products and activities recognizing Mother Earth. Attendees at the D.C.Green Festival Expo can discover and buy everything they need to live a healthier, more sustainable life, from the latest technology and all-natural products to chemical-free household supplies and a wide selection of non-GMO, organic and artisanal food and beverages. In addition to the Vegan / Vegetarian Food Court, attendees can enjoy hands-on demos, educational activities, and learn from inspirational speakers.
Some of the pioneering, expert presenters speaking at the Washington, D.C. Green Festival Expo include:
- Dr. Jill Stein- Green Party Presidential Candidate
- Gene Baur, President, and Co-Founder – Farm Sanctuary
- Alanna Hartzok, Co-Director – Earth Rights Institute
- Bhushan Deodhar, Director – Art of Living Foundation
- Nancy Lawson, Founder – Humane Gardener
- Jeffrey Richardson, President, and CEO – Imani Energy, Inc.
- Pamela Hess, Executive Director – Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food and Agriculture
- Dayna Reggaro, Director, Climate Listening Project
- George Hawkins, CEO and General Manager, DC Water
- David Feldman, Director, Center for Sustainability Solutions, Green America
- Wendy Howard, Executive Director, One Montgomery Green
- Janine Finnell, Executive Director and Clean Energy Ambassador, Leaders in Energy
Where: Walter E. Convention Center – 801 Mt. Vernon Place NW, WDC (Mt Vernon Sq/7th st., Convention Center Metro Station)
When: May 13-14th 2017- Saturday 10am- 6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm
Tickets and More info: Tickets can be purchased online at the Green Festivals Website and are available for purchase at the show.
Youth aged 16 and under are granted free admission. Cyclists who ride their bike to the expo will also have free admission to the show. Discounts are offered for students, seniors, and veterans.
The founder of Omkara World, Adam Omkara is a mind/body health coach and spiritual advisor to some of the most influential people in the country, including: Celebrities, Politicians, Award Winning Scientists, Professional Athletes and Sports Teams Owners, Billboard Musicians, Bollywood Stars, Ironman Champions, and a Former Miss Olympia. Follow on: Twitter Facebook Instagram
Read More from Adam Omkara on CommDigiNews