LOS ANGELES, January 12, 2015 — GM stunned the auto world today at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) by launching the all-electric 2017 Chevrolet Bolt. The Bolt which will achieve a whopping 200 miles of driving range, be priced at just $30,000 and offered in 50 states.
“The Bolt EV concept is a game-changing electric vehicle designed for attainability, not exclusivity,” says GM’s CEO Mary Barra. “Chevrolet believes electrification is a pillar of future transportation and needs to be affordable for a wider segment of customers.”
Somehow, GM is claiming it has leveraged “the electrification prowess established by Volt and Spark EV.” One way The Bolt stretches its range, so says GM, is by offering several “operating modes” for more “spirited driving” or for gaining maximum range. Plus, Chevy’s new Bolt EV has been designed with DC fast charging in mind.
On the outside, Chevy’s Bolt EV looks like a rather cute crossover with its snub nose. The super sculpted sidelines swoosh just right to give the Bolt its modern sex appeal. The panoramic windshield and moon roof adds ever more modernity to this technologically-advanced ride. The rear hatch design is also surprisingly handsome with its expansive window, light stripe and over sized bumper.
Inside, GM says The Bolt “has a large feel reinforced by generous headroom” and is dressed with “lightweight materials, including aluminum, magnesium, carbon fiber and even woven mesh.”
As for technology, The Bolt’s “technological intuitiveness,” so says GM, can be accessed by smartphone and a 10-inch touch screen. The Bolt EV “connect app” is designed to do the following:
– Allows a smartphone to perform as the key fob
– Allows ride-sharing management, including reservations, vehicle location, digital key and even payment processing via the smartphone
– Incorporates the concept automatic park-and-retrieval technology, which enables the driver to exit the – vehicle and tell the Bolt EV concept to park itself – and when errands are completed, the Bolt EV concept can be summoned to return to the owner’s location.
– Allows the projection of all the application and other smartphone data onto the screen.
Is the 2017 Chevy Bolt a game changer for EV driving? With its stunning good looks, double the range of today’s EVs and affordable price, The Bolt is poised to compete well with Tesla’s (TSLA) upcoming $30,000 Model E.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.