LOS ANGELES, August 2, 2014 – Summer basil and good Olive Oil combine together with broccoli florets and tomato to make a delicious summer salad that is delicious and healthy.
Chicken and Rice Bowl
For 2 meals
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ c broccoli florets
- 1 Roma tomato rough chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 c brown rice
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Basil Pesto Ingredients-
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tbsp toasted pine nuts
- ½ c olive oil
- light squeeze of lemon juice (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a sauté pan and sear both sides of the chicken.
- Once both sides are seared place in a 325-degree oven for 8-10 minutes, and once cooked dice into small pieces.
- Cook the brown rice in 1 1/2 c water
- Lightly blanch the broccoli in salted water and set aside
- Chop the tomatoes into eights, and chop the parsley
- In a large sauté pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add the chicken, tomatoes, broccoli and pesto*. Cook for a few minutes and add the brown rice, lemon salt, pepper and parsley.
- In a cuisine art, blender or mortar and pestol and blend the basil and olive oil and slowly add the minced garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan. Add more olive oil if it is too thick.