Car Coach video: More car trends that need to go away
BUFFALO, NY — More car trends that need to go away. Last week we covered Automotive trends that come and go, some we love and others we can definitely do without. Your replies inspired some great features that need to go!
The continued list:
1. Paddle shifters -on everyday drivers. A waste of time and money. Most people don’t even know how or why to use them.
2. Ashtray – smoking in cars reduces values and most people just want the extra power outlet. Just give us that.
3. No lumbar on the passenger side – I’ve been bitching about that for years. Why is the passenger uncomfortable??
4. Manual passenger seats – the driver’s seat is power and the passenger seat gets bupkis. This is not only not fair but a reason not to buy a car.
5. Fake blackout on the c-pillar of cars – make it glass and not an Alaska size blind spot.
6. Auto high beams – there nothing more frustrating than the system second-guessing you and turning it on and off so to a reflection on a road sign.
7. Manufacturers exhaust notes – Like Milli Vanilli admitted that the vocals were not their own – please STOP with the piped-in notes. I replaced my exhaust with a real one. Listen….
8. Space saver spare tires – run-flats are very expensive and space savers really great for a super short distance and can b unsafe. Let’s go back to full-size pairs on alloy wheels, please.
And the #1 complaint was….. Auto / Start-Stop systems – you all complained that they need to go! Let’s start a social media campaign to get rid of this terrible feature!
That’s this weeks’ round-up of more car trends that automakers should stop doing.
If you agree with these features going away – Raise your hand!
What trends are you not happy with in your car?
Be sure to keep up with Lauren Fix by going to her website at: www.laurenfix.com/