SAN DIEGO. November 22, 2016– Looking for that perfect pumpkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving dessert this season?
Here it is!
With only 10 ingredients and easy to make, it is the perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie will delight holiday guests while ensuring appeal for those with special dietary needs.
Published in minimalistbaker.com, the Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie recipe, and a few simple steps, is a great way to add rich, flavorful pumpkin taste:
-6 tablespoons cold vegan butter
-1 1/4 cup gluten free flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4-6 tablespoons ice cold water
-2 3/4 cups pumpkin puree ( 1 1/2 15-ounce cans)
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
-1 tablespoon olive oil, or melted coconut oil
– 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
-1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- To prepare crust, add gluten free flour and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Slice or dollop the cold butter in and work gently with a fork or pastry cutter to cut it in. Don’t overwork, just get it incorporated.
- Next add ice cold water a little at a time and use a wooden spoon to stir. Only add as much water as you need to help it come together.
- Once a loose dough is formed, transfer to a piece of plastic wrap and gently work with your hands to form a 1/2 inch thick disc. Wrap firmly and refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes, up to 2 days. Just let it warm back up a little before using. You don’t want it too warm or it can get too soft to handle.
- Once your dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare pie filling.
- Add all pie ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- To roll out the crust, unwrap the disc and place it between two sizable layers of wax paper (plastic wrap will work OK, but is a little more difficult to work with). Use a rolling pin to gently roll it into the shape of your pie pan. If it cracks, don’t stress-you can reform it with your hands once you get it in the pan, but try and be gentle.
- To transfer the crust, remove the top layer of wax paper and gently lay the pie dish face down on top of the crust and use the support of the wax paper to quickly but carefully invert it. Don’t overthink it-just do it.
- Once you get the crust inverted, gently use your hands to form it into the pan, working the crust up along the sides. It can be a little tricky but it bakes beautifully, so it’s worth the effect! Just try not to overwork the dough in the process-it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to perfect the shape. Any holes or cracks can be mended with a little excess dough and the heat of your hand.
- TIP: I would advise against trying to be fancy and do any elaborate design with the crust, so just get the crust in, get a flat edge and go.
Once the pie is thoroughly chilled and it is time for Thanksgiving dessert, serve sliced on individual dessert plates.
Adorn with a dollop of whipped cream, Cool Whip, or add a side of vegan pumpkin pie ice cream.
To add personality and flavor, a shake of cinnamon will add zest.
Pumpkin is a holiday favorite, and is used not only in pumpkin pie, but also in casseroles, soups, breads, muffins and more.
It is an extremely healthy member of the squash family, and is packed with vitamin A, vitamin B complex.
Pumpkin is low in calories, fats and sugars.
Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie is appealing to the eye while also being healthy for all Thanksgiving dinner guests.
This lovely traditional dessert recipe is certain to become a Thanksgiving favorite year after year!
Thanksgiving is a time to express gratitude, and may being grateful become a way of life beyond this season and continue throughout the year.
No ghosts or goblins and trick-or-treats,
No candy or flowers for your sweets.
No gifts to buy or presents to give,
Just be THANKFUL for the life that you live.
Until next time, enjoy the ride in good health!