SAN DIEGO. September 13, 2016– Love fresh peaches and want to enjoy them far beyond the summer?
Making simple and delightful Peach Freezer Jam could just be the answer.
This healthy recipe, published in Southern Bite, would help any diva quickly become the hostess heroine for family and friends–giving them the year-long taste of summer as it gives way to fall and beyond.
Peach Freezer Jam
2 1/2 pounds fresh ripe peaches
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups sugar (or sugar substitute)
3 tablespoons instant pectin (instant pectin helps to jell and set the jam better and faster according to several blog posts)
1. Peel and Coarsely chop the peaches. Place them in a bowl of a good processor, pulsing until it reaches a chunky puree. This will make approximately 3 1/2 cups of puree.
2. Pour the puree into a large bowl and add the lemon juice–stir well.
3. Add sugar (or sugar substitute) and stir until dissolved. Gradually add the pectin to prevent lumps and stir very well–a whisk might help to stir this portion. Stir the jam into clean jars with tight fitting lids,
ensuring leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top (which allows for expansion while freezing).
4. Sit the jars at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes to set. Store the jam in the refrigerator or freezer. The jam will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 weeks. Left in the freezer, enjoy this delightful
jam for up to one year.
Freezer safe jars with lids may be used for this recipe, whether plastic or standard jelly jars.
Peach Freezer Jam is delightful paired with breads, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, cereals, yogurt, ice cream and a variety of lunch and dinner meats and sides.
Peaches are extremely healthy, loaded with key vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex, lutein, iron copper magnesium, manganese, phosphorous and zinc.
They are low in calories and fat, yet provide fiber and traces of protein.
According to Medical News Today, Peaches help stave off certain cancers, produce collagen in skin, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and may possibly help in the treatment of diabetes.
Instead of fresh peaches, it might be fun to try substituting other summertime, fresh fruit favorites, such such as blueberries, apricots, cherries to enjoy a variety of jams.
As summer comes to an end, experience a bit of its sunshine all year long while enjoying delicious fresh peaches in Peach Freezer Jam.
Until next time, enjoy the ride in good health!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.