WASHINGTON, April 19, 2016 — The warm weather is an open invitation for springtime fun that will send kids outdoors looking for all kinds of excitement. You can be ready to spark all manner of creativity and amusement by checking out our Top 10 fun springtime tips for guaranteeing hours and hours of spring pleasure for those always active kids.
Of course, you may already remember some of these activities from back in the day when you were very young, when your parents or grandparents took you out for your very first spring activity. Do you remember the neighborhood park where you examined all of those wonderful new sights, sounds and even smells? It was really neat.
You can return the favor for your kids or grandkids today. Rest assured, they have been waiting to ditch the winter gear and dash toward playground swings, jungle gyms, sandboxes and climbing up to head feet first down any available slides. That can be delightful, indeed.
But, there is so much more to spring-related activities, capturing the imagination of children headed out for outdoor playtime.
Here is an idea that you will want to consider before you walk out the door for a morning or afternoon of spring fun: Make a plan. That’s right. The more you plan for fun, the more you will guarantee each moment is filed with a wonderful bonding experience for both you and your child or children.
Set a goal for each activity and make certain your phone camera or tablet is charged before you go. This is important, assuring that you will be able to capture those precious, unique moments that will be enjoyed for a lifetime. Remember, part of springtime fun is creating experiences with you that kids will love to share that evening and throughout the season.
OK. Out tip list is ready for you to plan around and use, one, two or as many as you can possibly pack into the fun-filled day ahead.
Springtime activities checklist:
- Create spring sidewalk chalk art. There is nothing that spells fun better than giving a child a piece of colored chalk and let the young artist go wild on a sidewalk. Join in the fun and make as many designs and games that you and the youngster can imagine.
- Nature walk. Spring time walks can be really fulfilling for kids as they discover all the new flowers, foliage and young forest animals that are just emerging.
- Create spring craft ideas. Kids love crafts, and this is the perfect occasion to take their creativity outdoors. Join in at the neighborhood park, in the backyard or on the outdoor porch and create crafts like daffodils from paper plates combined with foam cup, neat egg cup tulips or cardboard cutout animals that can be colored.
- Teach birdwatching. This is one activity that young children will love to engage in. Take photos of the young birds and help the child to identify them.
- Make up outdoor springtime songs. Sing-a-long time can be very cool for you and the young singer because there are no limits. Make up songs about the sky, garden, playground, birds or simply rhymes about colors and cars passing by. Of course you can sing familiar ones as well.
- Hold an outdoor picnic. Eating and enjoying that spring fresh air at a park or in your backyard is special. So bring along some games, food favorites and even your pet too
- Spring science projects. Everything is new in spring so why not have fun discovering animal tracks, insects or new budding flowers in the park.
- Plant a garden. Kids love planting seeds and watching them grow. Engage them in a spring project that will carry them throughout the summer too. Take photos of them and as their little plants as they grow.
- Make mud pies and bounce bubbles. Getting dirty and splashing around in mud is part of spring time fun, so join in. When you are done, bring out the bubble bottles and see how big you and the young bubble blower can make them.
- Last, visit the zoo and see nature come alive at all of the exhibits and watch their little eyes light up with amazement.
Remember: Springtime is a season filled with awakenings and new beginnings. So consider our 2016 list of activities tips. Then, take the kids, go out, and above all, have some fun!