WASHINGTON, June 28, 2014 – With Fourth of July next week, celebrities and public figures are going out of their way to support our United States Troops.
There is a long and honored tradition of celebrities and politicians supporting our troops, which brings joy and happiness into the hearts of these men and women who selflessly serve in our military.
There are many tributes to choose from, following are a few.
- Gary Sinise (Gary Sinise Foundation) states:
While we can never do enough to show gratitude to our nation’s defenders,we can always do a little more.
- Mark Wahlberg: Mark is very active in support of our troops and you can find numerous videos online to see all the visits he has made overseas.
- Allen West: Allen West Foundation
We must never forget why we have, and why we need our military. Our armed forces exist solely to ensure our nation is safe, so that each and every one of us can sleep soundly at night, knowing we have ‘guardians at the gate.'”
- Toby Keith (Country Music Singer)
“You just try to give them a little piece of the United States, and tell them that we all support them and love them, no matter what they hear.”
- KISS (Rock Mega Band) Members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley
2013 Gene Simmons was given The Disabled Veterans Alliance Patriots Award for his work with our veterans
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr and Joey Logano (NASCAR)
NASCAR Drivers Joey Logano and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Break Away from the Track to Deliver Holiday Cheer to Troops Overseas on USO Tour.
- Nick Searcy: Actor
One of many things that Nick Searcy does for our troops just took place last month. Push up for Charity.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. (NASCAR)
“They defend everything we believe in. It’s very important that the troops know that all Americans support them. And although their job may be difficult, they’ve got a lot of people behind them.”
- DUCK DYNASTY (Entertainers)
Willie and Jep Robertson joined Joint Chiefs Chairman and U.S. Army Gen. Martin Dempsey on a week-long USO tour across Afghanistan.