FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 28, 2017 — Fort Worth is exciting year-round. The agreeable December weather is perfect to spend the day kayaking at the Fort Worth Nature Center, shopping or eating at Sundance Square, or snuggling with your honey at the Coyote Drive-In Theater.
The holidays, however, add a festive sparkle to Fort Worth through shopping, entertainment, and holiday events. 2017 is no different.
Fifteen Holiday Activities in Forth Worth
1. Fort Worth Opera’s Holiday Sing-A-Long!— Kick off the holidays with friends and family and enjoy a free sing-a-long concert. Join the Fort Worth Opera and the TCU Lesley Apprentice Artists as they perform a blend of classic Christmas carols, holiday songs, and opera favorites on Saturday, December 2, 2017, 2:00pm – 3:30pm at Fort Worth Botanic Gardens.
2. Panther Island Ice — Panther Island Ice will up the cool factor in Fort Worth for the holidays. Located at Coyote Drive-In, Fort Worth’s only outdoor skating rink provides fun and excitement for all. Open November 17-January 15. The ice rink will operate seven days a week including holidays.
3. Texas Motor Speedway Gift of Lights — Visit the only Texas-sized drive thru light park at the largest speedway in Texas! There is always something new for everyone. Santa Claus will be on hand for visits and pictures. November 23 – December 30.
Fort Worth enjoys a wide array of art forms, entertainment, and celebrations for the holiday season.
5. Modern Lights at Fort Worth Museum of Modern Art — See the first annual array of holiday lights that will illuminate The Modern to celebrate the season and its 125th Anniversary. Enjoy November 24 through January 6.
6. Crockett Row’s Starlight Symphony — Crockett Row, is Cowtown’s newest destination to eat, drink, shop and explore. Starlight Symphony is this year’s family-friendly holiday celebration. Witness the glowing wonderland of music and lights every night in December. Fun activities include free carriage rides, performances by choirs, vocalists and musicians.
On Saturdays revel in “Help Complete Santa’s List” featuring in-store offers and games, Dec. 1–31. From December 9-18, bring toys and other items to benefit SafeHaven of Tarrant County. And then, Santa Claus himself will make special appearances on Dec. 9 and Dec. 23.
7. The Polar Express IMAX — The annual event will once again delight children and adults when it returns to the Omni Theater on Saturday, Nov. 18 – Dec. 14. The Omni Theater offers the only domed IMAX presentation in the Southwest of this now-classic family favorite.
If you’re staying active this month
9. Christmas in the Stockyards — The Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District is host to day-long family fun. Come celebrate our heritage rain or shine! Saturday, Dec. 2nd from 11:00am-5 pm.
11. Holiday Performances at Bass Hall — Includes Irving Berlin’s White Christmas, Sister’s Christmas Catechism – The Gift of the Magi, Michael Martin Murphey’s “Cowboy Christmas,” and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical.
Fort Worth’s exhilarating holiday season has something for everyone and every budget.
13. Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl — This year the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl will celebrate the 15th anniversary of postseason college football. Amon G. Carter Stadium, Texas Christian University, Dec. 23.
14. Holiday Shopping Across the City — Shop from Sundance Square and Stockyards to West 7th, Camp Bowie, Tanger Outlets, The Shops at Clearfork and Near Southside.
15. Greatest Generation Aircraft Christmas Light Flights — Experience the journey of a lifetime with a 35minute flight aboard a Vintage WWII C-47 Aircraft. Rides will be available from November 24th through December 31st at Meacham Airport.