WASHINGTON, November 22, 2015 – Tonight is the last night for the stars to shine before tomorrow nights big Season 21 win. Will it be TeamCrikey, fan favorite Bindi Irwin and her can do optimism have many cheering for the Aussie lass who can dance. Plus she is teemed with pro Derek Hough (who would be taking home his 7th well deserved Mirror Ball win).
Or will it be star Carlos Pena Vega and dancer Witney Carson, who won Season 19 with Alfonso Ribeiro
Or pro dancer Lindsay Arnold with our reluctant hero Alek Skarlatos, who has, face it, won our hearts already.
Or Sharna Burgess, who is absolutely with Derek Hough and Mark Ballas, one of the shows leading choreographers, vying for her first Mirror Ball win, with Back Street Boy Nick Carter – who may be the dancer most improved.
Tonight the four remaining couples in the competition must dance well, but they must also please the fans to win their votes and emerge victorious.
While Bindi and Derek lead the votes for now, some harsh judging for their performances means the other teams are creeping up and fan votes could be the determining factor tonight.
Tonight will be two dances for each couple; One created working with the judges: helping the couples to choose the creative elements they feel are the strongest after a season of competition. Carrie Ann Inaba will work alongside Lindsay and Alek, as well as Bindi and Derek. Julianne Hough is with Nick and Sharna, and Bruno Tonioli is with Carlos and Witney.
In the second round the couples will be creating their best dance in freestyle routine, allowing each duo to present their best dance without having to meet the strict requirements of an assigned dance adance. What we know is that Nick Carter is going full throttle Backstreet Boy; Carlos PenaVega will dance a hip hop routine. Alek Skarlatos has chosen a patriotic theme. Bindi Irwin will dance a Contemporary routine set to the song “Footprints in the Sand” by Leona Lewis.
We will also enjoy performances from Meghan Trainor, singing “Like I’m Gonna Lose You,” and Who Is Fancy, Ariana Grande and Meghan Trainor performing “Boys Like You.”
One couple will be eliminated Monday night based on last week’s scores and votes. The final three will dance one more repeat routine, and the infamous “24 Hour Fusion Dance” routine assigned at the end of Monday night’s show.
GoldDerby.com offers some interesting predictions:
- Alek Skarlatos 48% of us think he’ll fall just short of the finale, resulting in odds of 11/10.
- Carlos PenaVega, 23% of our users are feeling deja vu and predict PenaVega, like last seasons Nastia Luikin, will be elemented despite excellent performances in the later part of this season. Odds of 10/3.
- Nick Carter may not be as safe as he has been in weeks past. Most of the Goldderby.com predictors expect him to advance, but 17% think his errors will cost him the competition, giving him 5/1 odds of going home.
- Bindi Irwin is ousted, it will be one of the show’s biggest upsets ever, but 5% of users are taking a chance and betting on her premature exit, giving her odds of 20/1… but… with Emmy-winning pro partner Derek Hough, her odds of winning are 4/11
But in the end, the final elimination tonight is based on your fan votes of last week.
Join Communities Digital News Dancing with the Stars two-hour Fan Chat tonight, and tomorrow night, when the top duo will be awarded the coveted Mirror Ball.
Copyright 2015 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.