WASHINGTON, October 3, 2016- One month before Election Day, Chant4Change presents a multicultural, multi-denominational, nine-hour music and spirit festival at the Lincoln Memorial, 1-10 pm, on Saturday October 8th.
Under the banner of healing and uniting the nation through song, prayer and devotion, more than a dozen leading artists and thinkers will perform sacred music and give talks focused on countering the messages of hate and division that have increasingly dominated the 2016 election season.
Performers will include:
- D.C.’s own Grammy-winning Sweet Honey in the Rock, an a-capella gospel/jazz/spiritual ensemble that has inspired audiences worldwide.
- “Kirtan Rabbi” Andrew Hahn, who performs mystical Hebrew chants in dreamy loops and hypnotic world rhythms.
- Gaura Vani, whose audience-engaging world beat/Kirtan sounds reflect his upbringing at Hindu – Hare Krishna ashrams worldwide.
- Jai Uttal, a Grammy-nominated pioneer in the world music community.
- Fanna-FI Allah, a Sufi Muslim group whose ecstatic, trance-like vibe celebrates the love of the Divine through poetry.
- MC Yogi, a musical pioneer who has created a new genre of yoga-inspired hip hop.
Others appearing at the donation-based, non-profit festival include Mikey Pauker, Ajeet Kaur and Cherokee musician and storyteller Yona FrenchHawk. Confirmed presenters include Radhanath Swami, author of the New York Times best-seller, “The Journey Within,” and Yoga Alliance Chief Ambassador Andrew Tanner.
On the same steps where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his powerful, “I Have a Dream,” speech 53 years ago, Chant4Change is aiming to offer a beautiful reminder to the world that mankind can and must live in harmony.
The founder of Omkara World, Adam Omkara is a mind/body health coach and spiritual advisor to some of the most influential people in the country, including: Celebrities, Politicians, Award Winning Scientists, Professional Athletes and Sports Teams Owners, Billboard Musicians, Bollywood Stars, Ironman Champions, and a Former Miss Olympia. Twitter Facebook