NAPA, Calif., May 16, 2018: BottleRock Napa Valley kicks off its 6th installment Memorial Day weekend, May 25 – 27, 2018. BottleRock is a three-day festival that celebrates the art of making music, wine, food, beer, craft cocktails and art in historic downtown Napa. 80+ bands will rock BottleRock’s 5 stages (6 if you include the secret VIP only stage) over the course of the 3-day fest. Thousands of glasses of wine will be swirled as well as delicious culinary delights. And this festival just keeps getting better year after year.
“BottleRock continues to over-deliver when it comes to the quality of the musical lineup, the wineries involved, and the culinary lineup. It is for these reasons that we are honored to be the presenting sponsor”, said John Truchard CEO of JaM Cellars. “BottleRock is the perfect place to enjoy your known favorites and to explore the new. This year is no exception as we’ll debut our new Rosé, California Candy, alongside the crowd favorites of Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cabernet, and Toast Sparkling.”
BottleRock – The Music
This annual festival touts a musical line-up to impress. It features The Killers, Bruno Mars, Muse, The Chainsmokers, Halsey, The Struts, The Record Company, Billy Idol, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Thievery Corporation, The Revivalists, and Earth, Wind & Fire along with 80 other artists. With March Madness a near distant memory, everyone loves the idea of a sleeper, aka, the bracket buster. With so many artists performing at BottleRock this year, the festival too has its sleepers.
Sleeper artists to check out this year include: Coin, Alice Merton, Lake Street Dive Essentials, Shakey Graves, RIVVRS, Phantogram, Bleachers, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Trombone Shorty, and Natalia Lafourcade.
Nothing goes together better than live music and adult beverages. They take the edge off from your week and help you settle in for a rockin’ evening of wine swirling, beer gulping and hip wiggling to your favorite tunes. No one knows this better than Napa Valley and BottleRock.
When you place a music festival in downtown Napa, there are pretty high expectations for the wine and food being served. For that reason alone, the VIP 3-day experience is absolutely worth the investment. Last year BottleRock created a VIP only pass-thru between the two main stages, making traveling from the Jam Cellars Stage to the Midway Stage a lot easier. Add in the added attractions, including more shade in VIP, plus more seats, more food and a special tented area where artists perform pop-up shows of the greatest intimacy and the VIP deal is sealed.
BottleRock – The Wine
In addition to this year’s killer music line up, you won’t want to miss your chance to sample wine, beer, spirits and food from a list of vendors that rivals the killer musical lineup. BottleRock will tease your palates with a gluttony of incredible wines from some of the most heralded producers in the world. From crisp Sauvignon Blancs to creamy Chardonnays, elegant and luscious Pinot Noirs to powerful Cabernet Sauvignon wines, the Napa Valley has it all, and BottleRock offers the best of the country. You certainly won’t go thirsty while listening to your favorite music.
Insider Information – The Wine Lineup!
- Miner Family: Sauvignon Blanc, Rosato, Viognier & Sangiovese; insider-insider tip: listen to tunes at the Miner Family Winery Stage and stop by their tent to step back in time to play one of six pinball machines from the 1970s and 1980s!
- Schramsberg & Domaine Chandon: try anything bubbly from these Napa Valley icons
- Supery: Sauvignon Blanc, Rose, Virtu Napa Valley White, Oak Free Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Silver Oak: Twomey Sauvignon Blanc, Twomey Russian River Pinot Noir, Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Also pouring their epic Napa Valley juice: Chappellet, Cliff Lede, Amuse Bouche and Coup de Foudre.
BottleRock – The Food
As with the wine, there are equally high expectations for the food, and once again the festival does not disappoint. Featuring more Michelin stars per capita than any other city on the globe, it’s no wonder that Napa Valley is regarded as a must-visit region for its culinary excellence as well as its wines.
The BottleRock menu of offerings reflects this vibrant culinary scene, featuring a variety of delicious nibbles and bites from many of the area’s finest chefs and restaurateurs that pair perfectly with a glass of artisan wine or craft brew. You can get up close and personal with culinary delights by visiting the Culinary Stage where BR offers mouth-watering mash-ups of your favorite musical artists and Napa famous chefs.
GRAMMY™ award-winning musician, television host, and three-time New York Times bestselling cookbook author Trisha Yearwood, Food Network star Chef Giada De Laurentiis and Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto will headline the Williams Sonoma Culinary Stage, leading a star-studded lineup of celebrated personalities that will deliver memorable mash-up moments.
Insider Information – The Food Lineup Highlights!
- “Boeuf bourguignon” sandwich
- Ham & cheese sandwich on viennois baguette with butter, Dijon mustard, Jambon de Paris & Gruyère cheese (insert mouthwatering emoji here)
- l.t – ficelle baguette with tomato marmalade, truffle butter, arugula & brie cheese (…and here)
- Brix fried chicken sliders with house made pickle and chipolte remoulade (these were the bomb-diggity last year!)
- French fries with truffle oil and parmesan
- Hawaiian poki bowl
- Pork Belly Bahn Mi Sandwich
- Duck confit tacos
- Compressed watermelon cubes with lime zest, sea salt, and chili
Goose and Gander
- G&G burger, grass fed beef, gruyere cheese, bacon, remoulade, manhattan pickle (one of the best burgers in the Valley)
- Duck fat fries (yeah, duck fat fries!)
- Angry fried chicken with curly fries
- Sticky ribs w/tamarind glaze (these are fall off the bone goodness)
- Slow smoked american wagyu beef brisket sandwich with cole slaw (this was a stand out from last year)
- Slow smoked pork nachos
- Rock shrimp tostada
- Smoked hot wings, pepper-peach glaze, blue cheese dressing
- Soft Shell Crab Taco
- Heritage Pork Belly Boa
- Reuben croquettes (crazy good)
- Chorizo fries
BottleRock – The Beer
If you’re the type of person that really just likes a cold beer while at an outdoor festival, you’re in luck as the craft beer lineup impresses at BottleRock this year as well. As many a vintner has said… “It takes a lot of good beer to make a great wine”! Craft beer is a big deal in the San Francisco Bay Area and BottleRock truly embraces this love.
The lineup this year includes many SF Bay Area breweries pouring their ales, lagers and stouts to whet your palate, including
- Lagunitas (Petaluma CA); also has the Lagunitas Tap Room Bar featuring their flagship IPA, Little Sumpin’Sumpin’ Ale. They also have a brand new brew developed just for BottleRock: Sumpin’ Easy
- Napa Palisades Beer Company (Napa CA)
- Heretic Brewing Company (Fairfield CA)
- 21stAmendment (San Francisco CA)
- Berryessa Brewing Company (Napa Valley CA)
- Fort Point Beer Company (San Francisco CA)
- Seismic Brewing Company (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Fieldwork Brewing Company (Berkeley CA)
As if that’s weren’t enough to keep your hips and feet movin’ throughout the festival, BottleRock has added a bourbon bar. Yes, you heard it right, a bourbon bar! At BR they are there to please: like it neat, on the rocks, or mixed into a Manhattan, the bourbon selection will curb any connoisseur’s craving. BottleRock has curated a collection of classic bourbons from across the US so you can keep it classy while gettin’ your groove on.
BottleRock Napa Valley – At the Festival
Additional experiences to check out: Ticket types: VIP, Skydeck, American Express VIP Viewing, The Suites, Platinum; Spa & Salon, Silent Disco, Sweet Street, Art & Sculptures and don’t forget the BottleRock Aftershows!
For those of your fortunate enough to have already purchased your tickets, don’t forget to register your wristbands in advance. Also remember to bring an empty water bottle to take advantage of the water refilling stations. Don’t forget to check out the list of prohibited items. And of course, enjoy the shows!
Download the mobile app on your iPhone or Android to listen to this year’s lineup, discover new artists, get music recommendations and build your schedule. Or use the desktop schedule builder and easily sync your schedule to the app on your phone.
At the festival, the app is the best tool to help you explore everything the festival has to offer. See maps, find your favorite restaurants and wineries, get the latest info and plan out your day all from your phone.
BottleRock Tickets for this year’s festival are officially sold out. But you can visit the ticket exchange to purchase if some tickets become available. You can also check out the official BottleRock aftershows for your chance to see both the top and up-and-coming artists.
In addition, there is still an opportunity to win tickets by entering the Williams Sonoma “Ultimate Trip To BottleRock” Sweepstakes which includes airfare, deluxe accommodations at Napa Valley’s Silverado Resort and a pair of three-day passes to the festival.
To enter, visit the Williams-Sonoma website.
For more information on BottleRock visit the festival’s website.