NAPA, CA, May 24, 2017 – BottleRock Napa Valley (May 26th -28th) is upon us. This 5-time festival beautifully combines the arts of music, food, winemaking, craft beer, mixology and fine art into an event that will arouse all your senses.
This 3-day extravaganza features killer bands, luscious beverages, and mouth-watering food.
Nothing reaches the depths of our souls quite like music. We have an ability to personalize a song so deeply that it can affect our very being. BottleRock sets the stage beautifully, creating a perfect environment in which to soak in the musical, vino and gastro genius of all the artists. The stage is set. The music, wine, beer and culinary line up is waiting in anticipation of your arrival. Now all that is left to do is to experience all that is BottleRock.
Who to See
Luckily for Bottlerock festival-goers, the venue is set up perfectly to build a schedule, hunting for the best music, bobbing and weaving your way to all four of the stages with relative ease.
You may only catch a few songs due to overlap from the incredible artists, but it will be possible to maximize the number of artists you see. The trick here is the overlapping times with all these amazing artists. Here are suggested top ten lists for each day of music as well as what to eat and drink.
Friday: this one goes to 11
- Modest Mouse, 8p, Samsung
- The California Honeydrops, 5:45p, Miner
- Bob Moses, 7:15p, Miner
- Maroon5, 8p, Jam Cellars
- Silversun Pickups, 6:30p, Samsung
- Saint Motel, 3:15p, Jam Cellars
- Fitz & the Tantrums, 4:30p, Jam Cellars
- Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas, 6p, Lagunitas
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, 6p, Jam Cellars
- Hibbity Dibbity, 12p, Lagunitas
- Barnes Courtney, 4:45p, Lagunitas
Saturday: Top Ten
- The Shelters, 4:30p, Lagunitas
- Dirty Heads, 6:45p, Samsung
- Michael Franti & Spearhead, 4:30p, Jam Cellars
- Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, 6p, Jam Cellars
- Mavis Staples, 4:05p, Miner
- Bishop Briggs, 5:30p, Miner
- Marty O’Reilly & the Old Soul Orchestra, 7:15p, Jampad
- Andra Day, 3:15p, Jam Cellars
- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, 8p, Jam Cellars
- Silverado Pickups, 12:45p, Miner
Sunday: this one also goes to 11.
- Foo Fighters (obviously), 8m, Jam Cellars
- Lewis Del Mar, 7p, Lagunitas
- Con Brio, 5:45p, Miner
- Charles Bradley & His Extraordinares, 7:15p, Miner
- Highly Suspect, 5:45p, Lagunitas
- The Naked and Famous, 6:45p, Samsung
- Band of Horses, 6p, Jam Cellars
- Baskery, 2:45p, Miner
- Little Hurricane, 12p, Samsung
- Pacific Radio, 1p, Lagunitas
- Tracksuit Wedding, 12p, Miner
What to Drink – Wine & Beer
According to BottleRock themselves, “when you put on a music festival smack dab in the middle of the legendary Napa Valley, you better be prepared to bring it with your wine offerings.” And bring it they did…Napa is well known for its juicy and bold red Bordeaux wines (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc), as well as their refreshing Sauvignon Blancs.
No matter if you prefer the light and refreshing or the dark and brooding, there will be something for everyone. The fest also includes many a local SF Bay Area craft brewers. As everyone in the wine industry knows, it takes a lot of beer to make a great wine. That goes for music festivals too!
Wineries not to miss include:
- Miner Family Winery (Bordeaux, Burgundy & Rhone style wines with a dash of Italian creeping in)
- Chappellet (Cab all day)
- Etude (Pinot all day)
- Schramsberg (bubbles bubbles bubbles)
- Blackbird (actually has a Foo Fighters label on their Rose, Cab and red blend)
- Chandon (bubbles bubble bubbles)
- Starmont (Pinot and Chardonnay)
- Stags’ Leap Winery (Cab & Petite Sirah)
- Supéry Estate (Sauvé Blanc)
- Brown Estate (juicy Zin)
Breweries not to miss include:
- 21st Amendment (San Francisco CA)
- Sonoma Springs Brewing Co. (Sonoma CA)
- Napa Palisades Beer Company (Napa CA)
- North Coast Brewing Company (Ft. Bragg CA)
- Lagunitas (Petaluma CA)
- Heretic Brewing Company (Fairfield CA)
- Berryessa Brewing Company (Napa Valley CA)
- Fort Point Beer Company (San Francisco CA)
What to Eat
As with the wine, there are equally high expectations for the food, and once again the festival does not disappoint. Featuring more Michelin stars per capita than any other wine region on the globe, it’s no wonder that Napa Valley is regarded as a must visit region for its culinary excellence as well as its wines.
The BottleRock menu of offerings is reflective of this vibrant culinary scene, offering a variety of delicious bites from many of the area’s finest chefs and restaurateurs to pair perfectly with that glass of artisan wine or craft brew. You can get up close and personal with culinary delights by visiting the Culinary Stage where BR offers mouth-watering mash-ups of your favorite musical artists and Napa famous chefs.
Look for tasty morsels from legendary Napa restaurants: (this one also goes to 11)
- La Taberna
- Redd Wood
- Napa Palisades Saloon
- Goose & Gander
- 1313 Main
- Bouchon Bakery
- La Toque
General BottleRock Advice
Dress in layers. The weather will be fabulous. Nice and warm during the day, but it cools off at night. Closed toed shoes are also recommended. Sandals and flip flops are usually preferred by festival-goers, but with dirt a plenty, unless you are ok with very dirty feet, lace ‘em up.
Bring a water bottle. CamelBak is offering free water refilling stations throughout the festival. Hydration will be important as you continue to drink your way through the fest. Just please remember to tip your watertender.
Bring sunblock, but leave the spray at home. Sprays are a no-no at and you will have to leave it at the door.
Pay by phone. Beat the lines and pay with Android and Apple Pay. BottleRock features Tap & Pay express lines.
Check out BottleRock’s website for more details on how to best BottleRock.
BottleRock Tickets are sold out, but you can visit the ticket exchange to purchase.
BottleRock also offers a tremendous line-up of Aftershows to keep the music playing. All within walking distance from the festival grounds. Featured artists include The Shelters, House of Pain, Bob Moses, Dirty Heads, JJ Grey & Mofro Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas and more.
Note, some of these are pre-shows unofficially kicking off BottleRock on Wednesday, May 24. Go here for tickets.