WASHINGTON: The 1978 documentary Invasion of the Body Snatchers was more than just a conspiracy theory. With life mimicking art, it has proven to be our new reality. Infected pod-people show signs of victimhood. They exhibit a skewed view of reality, love socialism but have lost interest in the history of socialism and project a loud vocal capability. It sounds a lot like our liberal victims today with their inability to conduct themselves with any form of decency or truthfulness.
We’re not sure how one would gets infected by the Invasion of the Bodysnatcher, but we’ve identified clear signs:
- Frequent pointing and screaming “Nazi”
- In response to the word “lynching”, having a panic attack if a safe space isn’t nearby.
- Suppressing free speech and providing frequent beatings as a way to promote tolerance.
- Thinking ethnic appropriation is very bad, gender appropriation is very good and age appropriation is very confusing. It’s easier to accept 67 genders than a 67-year-old feeling younger (or older) than reality. [Some days we can all relate to feeling old enough to get the senior discount at Denny’s.]
- Equating limited government, free speech and personal responsibility with fascism.
- Thinking civil war statues are scarier than the government running your life.
- Promoting free stuff the post-pod transformation.
Pod people cause such grave confusion, that the choice of which bathroom to use is only the beginning of each day’s zombie-like plodding. Add to that 67 some gender pronouns. The ability to determine a child is transgender at the age of seven. (Political Action Is Needed to Protect Kids Like James Younger). Or calling the #1 most wanted terrorist an “austere Islamic scholar.
Those blank stares of the Liberal victims, though, immediately turn to seething rage at the sight of a red hat, the sound of the Star-Spangled Banner, or the smell of freedom and liberty.
If you encounter a pod person (liberal victims), tread carefully. No sudden movements, exclamations of happiness, or the discussion of subjects beyond the weather … on second thought, don’t mention the weather. You know, because the weather will destroy the earth in 10 years because of man.
Instead, mumble “orange man bad” and stagger away so you blend in.