SAN DIEGO, April 11, 2012 – Kim Kardashian has an amazing talent for calling attention to herself. For two days her name has been one of the top Google searches due to gossip that she is now dating rapper and music mogul Kanye West. On Friday she snagged herself a guest hosting assignment on The Today Show, following former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin. No word yet who did better in the ratings.
Kardashian used to be famous for being famous. Now the 31-year-old reality TV star is infamous for her lavish, star-studded, controversial wedding to basketball player Kris Humphries. Kardashian sold TV and photo rights for $17.9 million. The marriage fell apart 72 days later and the pair is headed for a divorce trial that’s sure to keep her in the headlines.
However, Kardashian told Today’s Ann Curry she “tries to not really talk about stuff involving him and the situation,” and that she has “closed that chapter and I’m just really ready to move on.”
Kardashian and Humphries have more company than you might think with their ridiculously brief marriage. We’ve put together a Top Ten Shortest Celebrity Marriages List for you. Remember some of these? Maybe not, as all were over faster than Kim and Kris.
Dishonorable Mention: Lisa Marie Presley and Nicolas Cage: These two didn’t make it to 120 days and the scary thing is that Presley stayed married to Michael Jackson for longer than she did to Cage.
10. 60 Days: Pamela Anderson and Rick Salomon. These two got married in Las Vegas (a common theme here), and broke up after just 60 days. Former Baywatch star Anderson was also married to singer Kid Rock for just 114 days.
9. 59 Days: Rick Rockwell and Darva Conger. Rockwell was the first rich guy bachelor on reality TV. Remember “Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?” Rockwell married Darva Conger on February 15, 2000. The marriage was annulled on April 5.
8. 42 Days: Chris Kattan and Sunshine Tutt. Kattan is a former Saturday Night Live actor. Tutt claims to be a ninth generation great granddaughter of the famous Egyptian king. Tutt walked like an Egyptian straight out of this brief marriage after 42 days.
7. 29 Days: Drew Barrymore and Jeremy Thomas. In between being an adorable child star and an accomplished director/producer/actress as an adult, Barrymore had her crazy decade in the 1990s. During this time she married Thomas on the first day of Spring, March 20, 1994. The two didn’t even make it to the summer, and divorced on April 28.
6. 26 Days: Axl Rose and Erin Everly. Guns and Roses frontman and the daughter of one of the Everly Brothers married in Las Vegas and had the marriage annulled in 26 days. But they tried it again, and the second time it lasted nine month before they called it quits in 1991.
5. 14 Days: Mario Lopez and Ali Landry. The “Access Hollywood” host and actor married the former Miss USA and model on April 24, 2004; two weeks later she had the marriage annulled.
4. 14 Days: Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds. These two had a quite little ceremony on New Year’s Day 2008 and said they planned a big Kardashian-style wedding to follow. But they never got there and broke up two weeks later.
3. Nine Days: Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra. Rodman and Electra were accused of getting married as a publicity stunt long before Kardashian when the two got married in Las Vegas in November 1998. Rodman filed for an annulment nine days later.
2. 55 Hours: Britney Spears and Jason Allen Alexander. That’s right, two days and seven hours. Spears and Alexander were childhood sweethearts who grew up together in Louisiana, and got married on a whim in Las Vegas at 5:30 in the morning. Those Vegas chapels should be closed the same hours the bars are closed, for much the same reasons.
1. Less than 24 hours: Zsa Zsa Gabor and Felipe DeAlba. Leave it to an old school celebrity to show these kids today how to make a real splash. Zsa Zsa Gabor is the ultimate scandal pro who holds just about every celebrity marriage record including this one. After Gabor married Alba, a lawyer/actor, it was discovered her previous marriage had never been properly dissolved. Zsa Zsa, you’re still number one.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.