These are serious times, and Senator Marco Rubio is a very serious individual. He makes an eloquent case for his being #45
DES MOINES, January 26, 2016 — With less than one week to go to the Iowa Caucus, Marco Rubio held a pair of town halls that lit up the night sky. The second of those two events was held at the Sheraton Hotel in Des Moines in front of a packed house.
Sean Hannity was in the room to interview Rubio, who will participate in the Fox News GOP debate on Thursday night.
Rubio came out to begin his remarks as the sound system played ACDC‘s ”Thunderstruck.” Only a guy who played football can get away with that, and Rubio knows his football. He came out swinging with fire and passion.
- Our values come from God, not government or any president.
- Americans have every right to be angry, but anger is not a plan.
- Our choice is an America that is “greater than we’ve ever been” or be a “great nation in decline.”
- A President Hillary Clinton would appoint three new Supreme Court judges. At stake is our very identity as a nation.
- Rubio vowed to unite the Republican Party and more.
- “I will go out and recruit new conservatives.” He knows how to appeal to “people who grew up like I did.”
- “I grew up paycheck to paycheck.”
- He learned his values in church, not from popular culture.
- Dismissing the hierarchical nature of the GOP, Rubio insisted that “We as a party cannot keep electing the next person in line.”
- When he takes the oath of office, he will defend entire Constitution. Unlike President Obama, he will mean it.
- Rubio vowed to “reverse and wipe out every single one of President Obama’s executive orders.”
- “On my first day in office, Common Core stops.”
- “On my first day in office I will end Barack Obama’s ridiculous deal with Iran.”
- Rubio ended the bailout fund for the insurance companies that he insists will “lead to the collapse of the Affordable Care Act.”
- He is the son of immigrants. “Securing our border is not anti-immigrant.”
- We need “20,000 more border guards, not 20,000 more IRS agents that Obama wants.”
- Answering his toughest conservative critics, Rubio emphatically stated, “I do not support amnesty”; “Sanctuary cities are going to lose their federal law enforcement funding.”
He then got even bolder.
- “We don’t need a department of education.”
- “We are not cutting defense spending.”
- Terrorists are going to receive a “one way ticket to Guantanamo Bay,” and “we’re going to find out everything they know.”
- Hillary Clinton is “disqualified” from being President because of Benghazi. “
- Bernie Sanders a great candidate for President … of Sweden.”
- “AMERICA owes me nothing. I have a debt to America I can never repay.”
- He spoke of the dignity of his bartender father and his maid mother.
- “What makes us special are the people who will never be rich.”
- “We are not a special country by accident.”
- In a previous GOP debate he wanted a nation of more welders and fewer philosophers. He was not backing down. “I lost the philosophy vote.”
- “If America doesn’t lead, it’s chaos that follows.”
- “Weakness is an enemy of peace.” He cited the Ukraine as an example; Russia’s Vladimir Putin is determined to seize that nation as he did Crimea.
He also showed his humor.
- In answering a question from a 17-year-old girl, Rubio jokes, “I feel 45, but I’m 44.”
- After mentioning that his 85-year-old mom is on Social Security now, he joked that his mother does not like it when he reveals her age.
- He would have made it as a player in the National Football League “if not for my lack of size, speed and talent.”
- He is happy for the Carolina Panthers; anybody campaigning in South Carolina had better say that. In truth he wanted the Patriots to win it all so that Tom Brady will finally decides he has enough rings. Then he can retire and Rubio’s Miami Dolphins can finally win.
- He noted that it is not easy to stand out in a crowd when one out of every six Republicans is running for president.
- His coaches had him become a defensive back, which he figured is what happens to “receivers that can’t catch well.”
- “Big government liberals lie.”
- More taxes and more regulations do not help immigrants. Free enterprise is the greatest economic system in the history of the world. “Free enterprise makes the poor rich without making the rich poor.”
- “We need a safety net but it shouldn’t be a lifestyle.”
His final thoughts were on how he would be vastly different from the current president and his party.
- “I’m never going to pit us against each other on purpose. We’ve had seven years of that.”
- “I’ll never embarrass you.”
These are serious times, and Senator Marco Rubio is a very serious individual.
In several days, the first few states will have their say. Rubio made an eloquent case to be the 45th occupant of the White House Oval Office.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.