The dining scene in Savannah has evolved to include upscale restaurants featuring well trained chefs and creative approaches to Southern cuisine.
SAVANNAH, Ga., December 11, 2016 — The elegant southern city of Savannah remains high on many a traveler’s bucket list. This charming one-time capital of Georgia is full of gorgeous buildings, and has found a way to add modern touches while still preserving its rich history.
Over time, the dining scene in Savannah has evolved to include upscale restaurants, featuring well trained chefs and creative approaches to Southern cuisine. Here’s where to find the best dining in Savannah.
1. Kitchen 320 – New to the Savannah dining scene is Kitchen 320, located in the city’s B Historic Hotel. Kitchen 320 is the place to go if you desire a well made cocktail. One glance at the counter and you’ll see the mounds of fresh herbs used in cocktails, not to mention the house made syrups, and you’ll know you’ve hit the jackpot for drinks. Edible highlights include the kitchen’s Shrimp Salad and Vidalia Onion Tart made with items sourced locally. The Crab Cake is actually a generous helping of jumbo lump crab that sits atop a creamy, deep-fried grit cake. The Skirt Steak with Okra playfully draped over and around it is served with a house-made grainy mustard, making this Southern dish shine. A class act.
3. Nine Drayton – If romance is on your agenda, look to Nine Drayton for a timely assist. For cocktails, try their version of a LIT, the classic Southern tea, sweet but not overly sugary. If you like Manhattans, then order the Savannhattan. Skip the appetizers in favor of marvenous salads like the Roasted Beet with Leek Vinaigrette. Another suggestion: Pass over the restaurant’s seafood offerings in favor of the Duck Breast served with cherry sauce or lamb chops.
4. a.Lure is a modern establishment featuring an exposed brick and white tablecloth ambiance to support its upscale dining offerings. It’s an establishment that makes a good choice for a business dinner or a date. The haute cuisine shines through, tempting the palate with fresh ingredients in every course. Start with the Rabbit Ravioli with bacon and butternut squash. For entrees, either the Scallops with a carrot risotto or the Pork Shank are signature highlights.
5. Treylor Park – Any child of the eighties or anyone who enjoys kitschy decor for that matter will adore Treylor Park. It’s a definite departure from the overpriced, touristy spots scattered across River Street. Unique menu items include the PB&J Wings, Shrimp and Grits Tacos and the Venison Sloppy Joes.
6. B. Matthews – This is a trendy spot that features live music on the weekends. Start with one of this establishment’s creative cocktails, like the B. Matthew’s Margarita. This signature drink is slightly spicy, sparkling with habanero-infused tequila and refreshing the palate with its fresh plum purée. They offer a fantastic Gnocchi appetizer that comes with zucchini and cauliflower, perfect for a couple to share. There’s also a lamb shank on the menu that’s not to be missed.
7. Lulu’s Chocolate Bar – If you love sweets, then an after-dinner visit to Lulu’s Chocolate Bar is in order. The cheesecake selections are divine here, especially the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake. But that’s not all the dessert bar has to offer. You’ll also find an array of dessert-centric cocktails available. Better yet: Lulu’s is open late nights until 1 a.m. to provide that late-night sugar fix. Insider tip: Cocktails are discounted nightly until 7 p.m.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.