SEATTLE, May 16, 2014 — If you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy the lovely flavor of avocado in the morning that doesn’t involve some kind of Mexican-inspired dish, than this recipe is the ticket.
Not too many people don’t like avocado, eggs and bacon and this is a super easy breakfast, brunch or anytime meal that is filling and can be very paleo / low carb (depending on the type of bread you use for the toast).
- 1 large avocado (medium may work, depending on the size of egg you use)
- 2 small chicken eggs or quail eggs
- 1 or more slices of bacon (preferably applewood smoked bacon)
- 2 slices of toast from whatever kind of bread you enjoy (optional)
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook the bacon ahead of time, either in the oven or in a frying pan until crispy.
- Slice the avocado in half, discarding the seed.
- Using a small ramekin, cast iron skillet or other oven-safe cooking device, place the avocados in such a way that they’re being propped-up so they don’t tip over while cooking.
- Now put an egg into the remaining seed cavity in each half (try not to break the yoke during this process).
- Gently place into the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Using “convection mode” is not recommended here as it tends to over-cook the yolk too quickly
- Once you get the desired doneness you’re looking for, remove and season with the salt and pepper, then top with the crumbled bacon.
Copyright 2014 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.