SAN DIEGO, June 15, 2016 — Looking for a new summer dinner recipe that is easy to make and healthy too?
The Seared Salmon with Sweet Potatoes recipe, published on www.goodhouskeeping.com/food, makes a great presentation and only requires minutes to prepare for a taste bud pleasing entree.
Seared Salmon with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 lb peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (light may be substituted)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pieces skinless center-cut salmon fillet
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoon capers
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In large microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes, water and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microwave on high for 9 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through. Add spinach; recover and microwave 2 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle cayenne and 1/8 teaspoon salt on salmon. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet set on medium stove, cook salmon 10 minutes or until knife pierces center easily (145 degrees F), turning over halfway through the searing process. Transfer to plate. From lemon, finely grate 1/2 teaspoon peel onto fish; into a cup, squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- To skillet add wine and capers. Boil on high for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, scraping browned bits from pan. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Divide potato mixture among 4 dinner plates. Top with one piece of fish per plate. Spoon sauce over each piece of fish.
Serve immediately, and enjoy an almost complete meal in one, easy to make entree.
Salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids which are necessary for good health.
Omega-3 fatty acids are not naturally made in the human body, so supplementation is critical.
There many positive health benefits for consuming foods such as salmon, which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
They help reduce cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, help lower triglyceride levels, improve mood and cognition, reduce inflammation, and improve eye health.
Salmon also contains valuable vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B-12, vitamin D, vitamin B3, vitamin B-6, biotin, choline, iodine, pantothenic acid, potassium and selenium.
It is also a great source of low-calorie protein.
For the best methods to prepare salmon while ensuring it is optimally healthy, it is best to sear, bake, broil or grill.
There are additional health benefits for consuming Seared Salmon with Sweet Potatoes.
Sweet potatoes are high in fiber and rich in vitamin A, which is excellent to ensure a strong immune system.
Spinach is a rich source of Vitamin K which encourages bone health.
There is much to love about Seared Salmon with Sweet Potatoes.
It may soon become a Summertime supper favorite.
Until next time, enjoy the ride in good health!
Laurie Edwards-Tate, MS, is a health care provider of over 32 years. As a featured “Communities Digital News” columnist, LifeCycles with Laurie Edwards-Tate emphasizes healthy aging and maintaining independence, while delighting and informing its readers. Laurie is a recognized expert in home and community-based, long-term care services, and is also an educator.
In addition to writing for “Communities Digital News,” Laurie is the President and CEO of her firm, At Your Home Familycare, which serves persons of all ages who are disabled and infirm with a variety of non-medical, in-home care and concierge services.
Copyright © 2016 by At Your Home FamilycareClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.