There may not be a guide book but there are some basic rules for raising a healthy child.
April 22, 2016, FORT WORTH, TX. Children are a blessing. They come into this world as a result of many different events. Regardless of the situation that brought the child into your life, it is critical, as their parent, that you remember these key rules to raising a healthy child.
- The person you created a child with is someone you cared enough about, even if just for the night, to be intimate with. Remember to always treat them with respect.
- No one other than you is responsible for taking care of yourself. Just because you have a child together, there is no law that states you must be responsible for the other parent. It is the child you are responsible for.
- Relationship status will always vary. Married, engaged, dating, co-parenting, single, etc. There is no law that states if you have a child together, you must live together or be married. This is a choice.
- Whatever your choice of relationship status, please remember to provide the healthiest and happiest of environments for your child. They did not ask to be born, you and their other parent made that decision. Treat your child with the love and respect they deserve.
- There are ways to prevent pregnancy. None of them are 100% effective other than abstaining from being intimate. If you feel you are adult enough to engage in sexual relations, then be adult enough to deal with the responsibility of your actions.
- Men, be aware, there are women who will purposely get pregnant in an attempt to have someone else take care of them.
- Women, there are men who will sleep with various women, get them pregnant and not make a commitment to them other than to help care for their child, and in some cases, this doesn’t happen.
- Your responsibility to your child is to be their parent and role model first, then their friend. When you start looking to your child to be your friend, know that you are creating a confusion for them and your role as parent and disciplinarian will be muddled.
- Baby daddy doesn’t equal husband.
- Baby mommy doesn’t equal wife.
Whatever you choose to do, have children, not have children, be married, stay single, get engaged or live together, the choice is yours. Your behavior towards your children or partner is a reflection of you, not them. If you have a bad break-up and vent it on social media, that shows your lack of maturity and your need to be right and justify yourself. If you aren’t getting your way in a relationship situation, that shows your lack of ability to communicate and work in partnership. Your children and friends see everything.
Children are our future. Treat them in a way that will allow them to grow up strong and secure, knowing they are loved and cared for, understanding they can make a difference in this world.
Copyright 2016 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.