WASHINGTON, April 23, 2017 – Unasked-for, condescending “advice” for (generally male) members of America’s perpetually “offensive” Caucasian tribe continues to jump the shark with alarming regularity. The phenomenon is most notable on predictably dreary and disorganized left-wing SJW websites.
This kind of reverse-Jim Crow drivel is bad enough in and of itself. But it’s beyond the pale for the growing army of hapless, put upon, white working-class dudes whose substandard lives and elusive incomes have never evidenced any familiarity whatsoever with “white privilege.”
Observe the following unwanted advice, penned by someone named Marchaé Grair. Writing for a purportedly religious site known as “NewSacred”—one of a number of sites clearly advocating the Marxist secularization of America’s Christian churches—Grair adds her five cents’ worth of laughable Rules for White Dhimmis which, if carefully followed, will certainly help keep those uppity Caucasians in the back of the bus where they belong.
For value-added fairness and balance, however, this columnist provides his own comments on this fake advice in italics, directly following each point:
Here are 10 ways you can actively reject your white privilege.
- Take up minimal space during anti-racism dialogues and protests. In other words, white supporters of leftist multiculti agitators, like 1950s-era children, should be seen but not heard. Because, “Shut up.”
- Stop contributing to gentrification and calling it “urban development.” Good idea. Let all the tax-paying job-holders be exiled forthwith from America’s largest cities so these cities will have no taxpayers to support the permanently unemployed. How’d that work out for you in, say, Detroit?
- Listen when people call you on your microaggressions. Nope, not gonna happen, particularly considering that my very Caucasian existence is apparently a “microaggression,” whatever the hell that fake word really means.
- Never invite people of color to the table for the sake of claiming diversity. I invite anyone I want to the table. I don’t need to comment on this, brag about it, and/or virtue-signal like the Pharisees on the left always do. You’re my friend, or you’re not.
- Refrain from using your non-white friends as your “urban dictionary.” I speak pre-PC American English. You should, too.
- Stop lifting up non-confrontational people of color as examples of what POC* activism should be. All of us are in the same miserable soup of life, something Jack London once termed “the fellowship of pain.” The sooner everyone realizes this, the better. No one has any business condescending toward anyone else, and that includes you.
- Call your friends, family and co-workers out on racism—even if a POC isn’t in the room. No, I call you out on racism, as exemplified by your ten bits of useless, unasked-for, condescending, macro-invasive, anti-white racism insidiously posing as helpful advice. What is this, the Soviet Union?
- Understand that all anti-racism work doesn’t look the same and advocate accordingly. I understand that all race-hatred like yours looks exactly the same as what you purport to denounce, so I’ll advocate what I damn well please, as I don’t need your permission. BTW, did you ask for mine before you wrote this nonsense?
- Realize that all discussions about race aren’t for you. And be okay with it. For once, you’re right. They’re not about me, and I am very okay with it. They’re always about you and your perpetually-offended Marxist persona. Your unproductive, unhelpful attitude is your problem, not mine. I’m okay with that, too.
- Recognize that you’re still racist. No matter what. Everything you say sticks back onto you and your own racist attitudes. You have no standing in my life and never will. So don’t presume it. And recognize that you’re still a racist.
We’re back again from the guilt-trip funhouse, offering a hat tip to Stephen Green who originally dug up this article and commented on it a couple weeks back on Instapundit.
Notes Green in his own commentary: “Oh shut up” is now my preferred response to “Everything is racist.”
I’ll go Stephen one better. My current preferred response to left-wing race virtue-signaling is a middle finger followed the descriptive phrase that goes along with that gesture.
*More lefty doublespeak: POC=People Of Color.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Communities Digital News
• The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the editors or management of Communities Digital News.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.