Fear The Walking Dead, episode six The Good Man - As civil unrest grows, and the dead take over, Travis and Madison try to devise ways to protect their families. Fan Chat 9pm est.
WASHINGTON, October 4, 2015 – Tonight marks the end of AMC’s premier six episode season of Fear the Walking Dead. The show returns in 2016 for a second full season, but viewers are still out as to whether it will have the legs of The Walking Dead whose season 6 returns next week, October 11.
At the end of last week’s show the anarchy against the Government and the martial law has begun as Kim and Daniel find out, by torturing a young guardsman, that the plan dubbed Colbalt calls for the “human disposable” of those in the safe zone. Colbalt poisoning can occur when you are exposed to large amounts by either swallowing too much (poisoned water supply), breathing too much into your lungs (dropped by helicopters), or have it come in constant contact with your skin.
On the “those that will survive” list is:
- Madison, mother to Nick and Alicia, girlfriend to Travis.
- Daniel is by far the most interesting character on the show. Last weeks episode showed his “other” side as a freedom fighter in Venezuela and the horrible things he did as a soldier and that he practiced on the guardsman he tortured for information. His actions, while horrific, revealed the government’s Cobalt plan to executive the survivors.
- Ofelia, Daniel and Grizelda’s daughter who has shown some pretty wild personality swings – from meek to vixen willing to use her womanly wiles to get what she wants. I would not count her out – that is a personality that will be fun to watch develop. Think Carol on The Walking Dead.
- Nick, Madison’s son is presently locked up by the government who is holding people they think might “turn”. Chris is not a zombie, he is a junkie. He is not turning, he is withdrawing. He is also under the protection of Melvin who has so far protected him in zombie lock up. Nick is probably the most interesting character. There is a lot to hate about him, and he doesn’t care. His moral compass has been deadened by his addiction. It will be interesting to see if the dim flame of the Nick that we want to love can grow into a respectable fire.
- A surprise character developing is Alicia who has gone from “someone give her a clue” girl to having a deep understanding of the real mess that they are in. Her scenes with step-brother Nick, playing house, dressing in clothing and eventually destroying the homes interior, cements her compadre ship with Nick and shows that she is not the naive little girl we met just six weeks ago.
- Chris, son of Travis and Liza, is the shows moral navigator. He is interesting, smart and we have a lot to learn from him. I think he makes it.
- Liza is Travis’ ex-wife and mother of Chris, and I am afraid she well be one to go tonight. A couple of reasons – it helps push Travis and his estranged son Chris back into the same orbit; Secondly her character does not have any of the grit necessary to survive and third, the actress is committed to Orange is the New Black.
- The producers have promised a big death, and all that is left now is Travis. And really, would we care if the pantywaist died? Probably not. Madison would be upset, but then she would get on with the whole “we will survive” thing.
So if someone is going to die, I am betting it will be Liza and / or Travis. And really, I can see both of them going. This puts Ofelia and Chris under Madison’s matriarchal care and that might be the best hope they can have to survive.
Join Communities Digital News Fear The Walking Dead Fan Chat for Episode 6, The Good Man, tonight at 9:00pm here on CommDigiNews.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.