Designated Survivor debuts tonight at 10 p.m. et, 9 Central. Join CommDigiNews as we chat this episode and the entire season of this new thrilling show.
WASHINGTON, September 20, 2016 – Kiefer Sutherland is an international beloved British-born Canadian actor, producer, director and singer-songwriter who boasts a long list of accomplishments that includes an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and two Satellite Awards for his groundbreaking Fox series 24 (Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran), each episode using a real time narration covering a 24 hour period of time in Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) Agent Jack Bauer’s life.
That show, running from November 6, 2001 to May 24, 2010, lasted eight seasons, 192 political thriller like episodes that had Bauer racing agains the clock, and not always following the rules, in order to stop terrorists, presidential assassination attempts, the launch of weapons of mass destruction, cyber attacks, bioterrorism and deadly government and corporate corruption.
24 won Best Drama Series at the 2003 Golden Globe Awards, Outstanding Drama Series at the 2006 Primetime Emmy Awards during its run as the longest-running U.S. espionage/counterterrorism, longer than either the 70s era Mission: Impossible (1966-1973) or The Avengers (1961-1969).
While we are waiting for the show, some things you may not know about Kiefer Sutherland:
- He was born Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland on 21 December 1966.
- He is the son of actors Donald Sutherland and Shirley Douglas.
- He has a twin sister named Rachel and two brothers actor Angus Sutherland (half-brother) and Rossif Sutherland (half-brother)
- He has a daughter, Sarah Sutherland who plays Catherine Myer, daughter to the President Selina Meyer (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) on the comedy Veep
- Sutherland was arrested for driving under the influence (his fourth offense) and spent 48 days in an LA County Jail when 24 was on hiatus for an actors strike.
- He was engaged to mega-star Julia Roberts. He also dated actress Bo Derek.
- An international star, Sutherland has been inducted to both the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Canada’s Walk of Fame and was also awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from Zurich Film Festival.
- He is five foot nine and claims to be no where near as tough as Jack Bauer
- He does not watch his own movies, recently telling a story of when he went to a cast screening of Stand By Me with his girlfriend, he thought it was the end, not the beginning of his career.
- Rated by TV Guide as the World Greatest Action Hero.
- Jack Bauer’s catch phrase of Dammit… came about because he could not use any other expletive on TV and was used as a device (over 124 times) to exit a scene.
- Sutherland is a real live cowboy having been a cattle rancher and competitive roper on the USTRC team roping circuit, winning numerous awards around the country.
- He ran a ranch with partner John English for nearly a decade.
- Sutherland is co-owner (along with Jude Cole) of the independent record label Ironworks.
- Sutherland is a musician and singer releasing his Country-Americana-tinged debut album “Down In A Hole,” (available now: http://smarturl.it/ksdowninahole) and he is good. Really good.
- He has said that after reading the Designated Survivor script, he felt he was holding the next ten years of his life in his hands.
Sutherland has defined the show as having three separate but intertwined story lines: The family drama that results from a nuclear unit being thrust into the very top levels of political arena; The political drama about how to stabilize a country – both domestically and internationally – following a devastating attack on our governments and the investigative drama – the who done it, and why, of the attack. The show also features renowned actor Kal Penn, who worked for the Obama administration, and provided on set direction to how it really works inside the White House.
Designated Survivor debuts tonight at 10 p.m. et, 9 Central. Join CommDigiNews as we chat this episode and the entire season of this new thrilling show.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.