WASHINGTON, April 24, 2017, Less than a week after Fox News fired Bill O’Reilly amid a flurry of sexual harassment claims, O’Reilly announced he was starting a new podcast on his website. The former “O’Reilly Factor” host will launch his “No Spin News” podcast on Monday night, April 24, 2017. The podcast is limited to premium subscribers of O’Reilly’s website and is scheduled to air at 7 p.m.
O’Reilly’s return to the airwaves will provide him with his first opportunity to speak publicly since his forced separation from Fox News following multiple claims of sexual harassment. “The O’Reilly Factor” lost more than 60 advertisers since the New York Times reported that O’Reilly and Fox News had paid $13 million to five women to settle sexual harassment claims.
While advertisers abandoned ship, O’Reilly’s ratings never fell and instead spiked since the scandal first broke. O’Reilly appears to be turning to a subscription based service, so he does not have to rely on advertising for its funding.
In a statement posted on his website, O’Reilly publicly but respectfully disagreed with his network’s actions. His statement appeared to purposely avoid elaborating on the current sequence of events, particularly in light of growing evidence that the rapid advertiser boycott had been quietly prepared in advance by Soros-supported organizations, waiting only for a trigger event to launch an intimidation campaign to frighten advertisers away.
“Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television. It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.”
O’Reilly’s polarizing nature may leave him with few remaining opportunities for another cable TV gig, although that remains to be seen.
Fox News shut down “The Factor” Friday night, with Greg Gutfeld filling in for O’Reilly on the final show, and was able to respectfully close out this long-running, highly popular franchise program.
“‘In the Back of the Book segment tonight, we have come to the last line of the last page of this book,” said Fox News’Greg Gutfield. As most of you know, this is the final “Factor.” It has been an honor to sit in this chair over the years of filling in for Bill O’Reilly and to being a guest for the most influential television news program in history. But as the curtain comes down on this show, another one will be raised on a new era.'”
O’Reilly was meeting with Pope Francis when it was first announced that he was going to be fired but would be receiving a $25 million payout from Fox. O’Reilly released a statement Wednesday supporting Fox News but said it was “tremendously disheartening” to be leaving “due to completely unfounded claims.”Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Communities Digital News
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities Digital News, LLC. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
Correspondingly, Communities Digital News, LLC uses its best efforts to operate in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine under US Copyright Law and always tries to provide proper attribution. If you have reason to believe that any written material or image has been innocently infringed, please bring it to the immediate attention of CDN via the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Contact page so that it can be resolved expeditiously.